Ink bird thermostat help/Petunia update

Rover15

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
ontario canada
My ink bird thermostat finally showed up today. I have never needed one as my box turtles are fine with my temp drops at night, ill up update 1st then ask my questions.

I currently have a Leopard Tortoise Petunia she is over 3 years old and I took her in a week and a half ago she had a RI when I got her. She seems to be much healthier with she now walks up high on all 4s she is eating Alfalfa hay, weeds, and occational spring mix. I switched the 100w basking bulb for a MVB, and the uvb coil bulb for a CHE.

She has only shown signs of the RI in the morning and I assume it has been from our night drops.

I have her in a tank 2ft x 3ft I used because its fully enclosed (used tin foil and elctrical tape) and I can better control the temps and humidity until she is better. Originality we were going to keep her till she was healthy then rehome her, now my wife thinks she wants to keep her. If that is the cause I will build her A tortoise table.

Question time.

I have my CHE plug into the heat spot on tge ink bird. I currently have the temps set as follows

TS 27°C - 80.6°F
HD 2.0°C
CD 2.0°C
AH 45°C - 113°F
AL 20°C - 68°F
PT 0.0°C
CA 0°C
CF °C

I have the prob is on the cool side (right side) front corner. The CHE is just right of the center of the tank. The MVB is on tge far left side, I am hoping the 80watts will give me the same results the 100w basking bulb did(its getting warmer so losing 20w shouldnt be a huge factor)

My goal is to make sure the temps domt drop below 26°c or 80°f have I programed this right?

Kind of a mix bag thread