Mimi_toro

Location (City and/or State)
California
(Anyone that contacts me ill give you the full backstory on the tortoise and my grandparents )

Aya:
My grandparents got a tortoise (name aya) that they dont know how to take care of and dropped it on me.
I cant take care of her
heres the situation :
Aya got injured. either she fell when roaming or something fell on her.
it cracked a line down her stomach.
with help from a friend, now iv been using tape and gauze to make it fuse back together because i cant afford a vet and no one else can either. she is kept indoors now. everything was going so smoothly til just this week. she really worries me.

something to note is that...i dont even know what kind she is. Grandpa just says desert but dont i need more info besides that??
she only likes lettuce and cucumbers. she wont eat the hay i give her (she will eat grass though) . shes also not young she is quite old. with how picky she is im sure she was raised on just lettuce ;-;

i cant get in contact with previous owner so no luck in getting info from him.

If there is anyone that I can give her too please contact me (From SoCal)
i really want her to live a full long life and to be happy

Mimi_toro

California
Give this a read ASAP-
Broken Shell
https://tortoiseforum.org/index.php?threads/Broken-Shell.149583/
This is yet another reason why tortoises should never, ever be allowed to roam your floors.

You are definitely going to need a vet. Her life depends on it.

Please give us pictures.
lemma figure hows to add on photos

I really need to get her to a vet
but i have no way to get her to one
i really am looking for someone to take her in ;-;
theyre so stubborn to keep her yet my grandparents arent even willing to take her to a vet like what the actual hell
(note im a jobless teen. i have no way to get her there)

TechnoCheese

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lewisville, Texas
lemma figure hows to add on photos

I really need to get her to a vet
but i have no way to get her to one
i really am looking for someone to take her in ;-;
theyre so stubborn to keep her yet my grandparents arent even willing to take her to a vet like what the actual hell
(note im a jobless teen. i have no way to get her there)

This tortoise has a high chance of dying if it does not see a vet. Try getting your grandparents to understand this. You can also try showing them that link.

From your description, it does not sound like this tortoise is receiving the proper care at all. If your grandparents are not willing to change it, I would have to agree with you and say that a different home might be needed.

Thank you for doing what you can to save her.

Mimi_toro

California
This tortoise has a high chance of dying if it does not see a vet. Try getting your grandparents to understand this. You can also try showing them that link.

From your description, it does not sound like this tortoise is receiving the proper care at all. If your grandparents are not willing to change it, I would have to agree with you and say that a different home might be needed.

Thank you for doing what you can to save her.
I would like to tell you i have found her a temporary home with someone i trust that can care for her til i find a permanent home. ill keep updating this thread. thank you so much for replying to me :,)

TechnoCheese

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lewisville, Texas
I would like to tell you i have found her a temporary home with someone i trust that can care for her til i find a permanent home. ill keep updating this thread. thank you so much for replying to me :,)

That’s great to hear! And please do keep us updated :)

vladimir

5 Year Member
Pennsylvania
Best of luck, and please keep us updated on the little tort's condition [emoji846]

Mimi_toro

California
If any of yall know someone from SoCal that will want to permanently care for her. do tell me :,)

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
Thanks for caring and trying to get help for her. All the best to you and the tortoise.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
@Kn_asian - If you want to give her to me, I'll see what I can do about her injury. My tortoise partner, Will, lives in San Diego and will be driving up here to Clovis in October. You could meet somewhere and give him the tortoise to bring here.