Injured Painted Turtle

Status
Not open for further replies.

vanish

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Hi, I noticed a painted turtle on the highway, and moved it to the side of the road, but saw that it had a cracked shell, I will continue my story if someone is out there, never used one of these before, need help.

Jentortmom

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Arizona
Your best bet is to contact a local rescue or herpetological society in your area. Until then keep him/her in a warm dry area. If you tell me what state you are in I am sure we can find someone to help you.

vanish

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
jenrell23 said:
Your best bet is to contact a local rescue or herpetological society in your area. Until then keep him/her in a warm dry area. If you tell me what state you are in I am sure we can find someone to help you.

I am in Canada, Ontario and I have moved him into the brush out of the sun, rinsed him off, his back legs move ok and his tail, one eye is swollen and he has pooped a couple of times, his front legs move inside when touched but he doesn't really seem to be able to move them properly. His other eye is open and clear, but he does mouth breathe occasionally. I would let him go to the nearest pond but I am not sure if he can swim and might just dive bomb to the bottom.

Jentortmom

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Are you watching him?? If not he could already be gone.. Here is a link to a herp society in Ontario I would contact them ASAP.. Sounds like his eye could have infection..

Ontario Herpetological Society, Contact: Mark or Lisa Pawley
Waterloo, Ontario, canada, (519)884-0246, Hope this info helps!!!!

I would call tonight!!

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
vanish, welcome to the forum, sorry it is under these conditions. Good luck with the turtle Jen is right I would try and contact a Rescue ASAP.

janiedough

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
South Louisiana
can we somehow compile a list of rescue organizations or something? and make it into a sticky

or maybe there is a site already we can make as a huge sticky at the top of the main page?

Josh

Ask questions, share answers, talk torts!
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA
Vanish, I think I may have just accidentally deleted one of your posts on this thread. It appeared as though the post contained only a quote from another reply but I might have been mistaken. Sorry!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
janiedough said:
can we somehow compile a list of rescue organizations or something? and make it into a sticky

or maybe there is a site already we can make as a huge sticky at the top of the main page?

Josh: I've seen "sticky" referred to before. What does this mean?

Yvonne

Josh

Ask questions, share answers, talk torts!
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA
a "sticky" thread is one that has been stuck to the top of the thread list under "important threads"

Status
Not open for further replies.