Indoor vs outdoor heated house

Tianyuzhou88

Location (City and/or State)
North Carolina
I recently acquired this a group of red foot subadult 1.4 , shell length 6 to 9 inches. my previous experience mostly around box turtle and Testudo gene. As fall coming, I want to prepare for their winter enclosure. Not sure need to build a big indoor enclosure or use their current outdoor enclosure 4*11 and added a heated insulation house. I’m in North Carolina, it’s not going to be crazy cold but once a while we will have below 40.
thank you!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I vote for leaving them outside and build an insulated, heated shelter.

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
I recently acquired this a group of red foot subadult 1.4 , shell length 6 to 9 inches. my previous experience mostly around box turtle and Testudo gene. As fall coming, I want to prepare for their winter enclosure. Not sure need to build a big indoor enclosure or use their current outdoor enclosure 4*11 and added a heated insulation house. I’m in North Carolina, it’s not going to be crazy cold but once a while we will have below 40.
thank you!
I'm in north Ga close to NC, and I bring my Redfoots inside for the winter. The indoor enclosure doesn't have to be too fancy because they'll only use it about 3 months every year.

Tianyuzhou88

North Carolina
I'm in north Ga close to NC, and I bring my Redfoots inside for the winter. The indoor enclosure doesn't have to be too fancy because they'll only use it about 3 months every year.
How big is your enclosure ? Just curious. Thanks.
I'm in north Ga close to NC, and I bring my Redfoots inside for the winter. The indoor enclosure doesn't have to be too fancy because they'll only use it about 3 months every

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga