Indoor playground for exercise and entertainment

squirrelkitty

Location (City and/or State)
Birkenhead
I thought I'd just share this in case anyone has a tortoise who is very lazy or can't have any decorations in its enclosure because it flips over a lot.
Our Frankie has an indoor playground where he can climb under supervision. He used to flip over a lot in his enclosure (partly because it was too dry and he tried to escape; the humidity is correct now).
So we take him to his playground to exercise almost every day.
He really seems to enjoy it. The only disadvantage is that he has conditioned himself to only poop in the playground.

Below you can see his playground and an extension we added to provide variety. Note that this is NOT his enclosure.

IMG_20190318_203638.jpegIMG_20190318_203653.jpegIMG_20181202_100908.jpegIMG_20181202_095713.jpeg

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Low desert 50 mi SE of Palm Springs CA
I thought I'd just share this in case anyone has a tortoise who is very lazy or can't have any decorations in its enclosure because it flips over a lot.
Our Frankie has an indoor playground where he can climb under supervision. He used to flip over a lot in his enclosure (partly because it was too dry and he tried to escape; the humidity is correct now).
So we take him to his playground to exercise almost every day.
He really seems to enjoy it. The only disadvantage is that he has conditioned himself to only poop in the playground.

Below you can see his playground and an extension we added to provide variety. Note that this is NOT his enclosure.

View attachment 267644View attachment 267645View attachment 267646View attachment 267647
I think this is cool! What's in the red pan?

squirrelkitty

Birkenhead
What a good idea. He's a lucky little guy.
I'm in the UK and it's always cold here. He will be able to play in an outdoor run in the summer (but not live outside). But for the other seasons, the playground is really good because he just snoozes under the lamp all day in his home.

TurtisTime

5 Year Member
texas
LOVE this idea! We’ve been thinking about giving our sulcata an outlet, she’s a maniac sometimes. Does anyone else’s tortoise seem to enjoy climbing up obstacles and sliding down really fast? She re[eats it over and over.

squirrelkitty

Birkenhead
LOVE this idea! We’ve been thinking about giving our sulcata an outlet, she’s a maniac sometimes. Does anyone else’s tortoise seem to enjoy climbing up obstacles and sliding down really fast? She re[eats it over and over.
My Frankie does that too in his playground :) Silly creatures :)

squirrelkitty

Birkenhead
See below IMG-20190328-WA0015.jpeg