Indoor Habitat Clean

CGavron

Location (City and/or State)
West Mifflin, Pa
What is the vinegar:water ratio mix that is safe to use to clean my baby Sulcata's enclosure. With our quarintine situation we ran out of the Petco habitat cleaner and I'm just looking for something safe to use.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Doesn't really matter the ratio. You can even use straight vinegar. Just rinse it thoroughly. But really, there's no need to clean the enclosure. Just spot clean the little poops you can see and pick up any old food. I don't "clean" my enclosures until the inhabitants are big enough to be moved to a different enclosure. That may be a couple years.

CGavron

West Mifflin, Pa
Thanks for the reply, always good info from you. I guess I do tend the habitat in the same way as you. I just was looking for the safest ratio mix to put in a spray bottle to clean up after doing the different tasks associated with my little buddy. I don't want to harm him indirectly. Cleaning the tubs I use to bath him/her, the small ceramic flower dish I use for feeding or even cleaning the ceramic water dish. Ty

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Thanks for the reply, always good info from you. I guess I do tend the habitat in the same way as you. I just was looking for the safest ratio mix to put in a spray bottle to clean up after doing the different tasks associated with my little buddy. I don't want to harm him indirectly. Cleaning the tubs I use to bath him/her, the small ceramic flower dish I use for feeding or even cleaning the ceramic water dish. Ty
I do what Yvonne does. I just rinse water and food dishes, as well as soaking tubs with water. I use my hand if water pressure alone won't do it. No reason that you can't be more thorough if you want to. I just don't find it necessary.

vladimir

5 Year Member
Pennsylvania
I quickly learned that trying to keep a sulcata enclosure spotless as they grow is not an easy task. :oops:

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
O, well for those items I wash in bleach water then rinse thoroughly. If you sit them in the sun afterwards an residue will go away.