Indian star tortoise facing problem in walking

Ayush mathur

Location (City and/or State)
Rajasthan
Hii
My indian star tortoise front left limb seems weak, dats y hes facing problem while walking. Plzz suggest some solutn of dis problem, i cant see my pet in dis condition.
Thanks

Attachments

• VideoCapture_20200926-124839.jpg
    VideoCapture_20200926-124839.jpg
    308.5 KB · Views: 53
  • VideoCapture_20200926-124852.jpg
    VideoCapture_20200926-124852.jpg
    304.5 KB · Views: 53

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Low desert 50 mi SE of Palm Springs CA
Hello, and welcome to the forum! Your star is beautiful!

That floor looks like it is very slippery. Does he have this trouble when he walks on dirt?

If you have a video of him walking, you can upload it to YouTube and get a link to it to post here.

Hopefully in the morning someone will have some ideas.

Ayush mathur

Rajasthan
Hello, and welcome to the forum! Your star is beautiful!

That floor looks like it is very slippery. Does he have this trouble when he walks on dirt?

If you have a video of him walking, you can upload it to YouTube and get a link to it to post here.

Hopefully in the morning someone will have some ideas.
Thanks for replying.. ihave dis tortoise from past 4 years. But hes facing dis problem first tym in dis 4 years. Yes hes having same problem while walking in sand. Plzz give me d solution

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Thanks for replying.. ihave dis tortoise from past 4 years. But hes facing dis problem first tym in dis 4 years. Yes hes having same problem while walking in sand. Plzz give me d solution

Well, we can't give a solution until we know the problem.

Is there any way you could video him walking where we can clearly see his legs?

You cannot upload it to the forum. You need to upload it to YouTube, then get a link to send to us.

How long has he had this problem? Did he have anything unusual happen before the problem? A fall? Get stuck somewhere?

I'm trying, but we need a video, taken from different angles, above, each side, and straight front.

Ayush mathur

Rajasthan
Well, we can't give a solution until we know the problem.

Is there any way you could video him walking where we can clearly see his legs?

You cannot upload it to the forum. You need to upload it to YouTube, then get a link to send to us.

How long has he had this problem? Did he have anything unusual happen before the problem? A fall? Get stuck somewhere?

I'm trying, but we need a video, taken from different angles, above, each side, and straight front.
Okay i will try to upload the video. No he was fine from last 4 years., one i wokeup & saw he was having this problem.from past 7-8 days hes having problem while walking. His front left limb seems weak.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Please give as much info about his care as possible. Also pictures of his enclosure.
He looks small to me for 4 years.
What do you feed him, list everything. Also what are his temps and pictures.
What do you use for uvb?
Do you give any supplements?

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
MAybe there is something wrong with that left limb. It looks like it is missing the footpad and claws? Please add pictures of that limb
It does look like it's missing. Good eye.
Also looks like there may be something tight around that foot? Not sure if its just a bend or something else. Do you see what I'm talking about?

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
It does look like it's missing. Good eye.
Also looks like there may be something tight around that foot? Not sure if its just a bend or something else. Do you see what I'm talking about?
I see it, Barb. But like you, I can't tell if it's just a crease in his skin. It's certainly something to check!

Ayush mathur

Rajasthan
MAybe there is something wrong with that left limb. It looks like it is missing the footpad and claws? Please add pictures of that limb
Everything is fine from outside. Footpad & claws are ok. Somthing is wrong internally. Limb is moving but it dosnt have dat much energy to walk