Indian Star - indoor enclosure

Status
Not open for further replies.

dleebs

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Indonesia
Hi,

I wanna share my indian star indoor enclosure table..

The table's measurement:
Height 60 cm
Width 50 cm
Length 100 cm
For the wall height is 25 cm

Below here you can see how big it is roughly with my 4yo son standing there.. :D

When i shared about my sulcata here, I got suggestions from Yvonne, Maggie, and Barb that i should not use newspaper and gravel for substrate.. So, now i use coconut coir for substrate and keeping the humidity in 80%. From where i live (Indonesia), the climate is pretty hot and humid, so i'm still not sure if i have to make a closed chamber for them (or should i?) i mist them about 2 - 3 times a day, and i also always soak them for 20 mins every morning.. after that i let them grazing for 30 mins to 1 hour.

I'm planning to put some plants (weed, grass, etc) in there too, but still trying to figure out how to do it.

And those are UVB lighting and daylight spot lamp.. In the feeding dish, crushed cuttlebone always lying around.. I also put fake cacti..

For the hiding spot, i put it a little bit sunken to the coconut coir, and put a some gravel on both sides, so it will make a lump that those little guys could walk and climb on also..

Any suggestions are welcome.. Thanks :)

*we're still building our new sulcata enclosure, once it's done, i will share it here also.. it should be done in about 2 - 3 days.. in the meantime they still share enclosure..

theelectraco

5 Year Member
What's covering the bulb? I can't tell clearly from the pics. I would add another hide on the empty side and some plants, and also a plexiglass lid.

dleebs

5 Year Member
Indonesia
I don't know what it's called.. it's like in the picture below..

If I were to put a plexiglass lid, will it go all the way so the lamps will be above the plexiglass? or have an opening for the lamps?

theelectraco

5 Year Member
You could just have it cut off right before the lights. Also, get rid of the coil UVB bulb and get a Powersun or a tube UVB bulb, the coil bulbs can damage your tortoises eyes.

dleebs

5 Year Member
Indonesia
I finally fixed a lil bit of my indian star enclosure..

It's the same table as shown on the 1st post..

I put a new lamp, Solar Glo 125W from exo terra.. The basking space temp can reach 100F..

I'm still looking for a small dish for water.. Because there's only a little space left..

I also put plexi glass to hold the moisture..

Feel free to chip in some advice.. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.