Indian star breeders

NorCal tortoise guy

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Northern California
I am looking to add three new additions to my Indian star group this year and thought Id ask a see if there are any breeders in our ranks that might have animals available this year or other breeders that are trusted. If you know of any please let me know!

I am in the greater Sacramento California area so the closer to me the better but any breeder I can use would need to be in the USA

Thank you in advance!

Melissa N

Pittsburgh, PA
Hi. I have 2 Indian Stars that I am interested in selling. They were bred to be females but one is definitely a male (we've seen his "parts" in action). Im pretty sure the other one is a male too. I'd love to see them go to a good home. We are asking $1400 for the pair. I posted a question about them earlier, trying to figure out what to do with them. This is what my previous post said:

Hello all.

I could use some advice. We have two Indian Star tortoises. They are both 2 years old and we have had them since they were hatchlings. My husband and I bought them as a birthday gift for my son's 13th birthday (although my husband and I have always been the ones to take care of them).

Tragically and unexpectedly our son, Aidan, passed away the week before Christmas. We have been going through a very hard time lately. We have a lot of expenses right now and a lot of stress. My husband suggested to simplify our lives and help pay for our son's headstone, that we sell the Nova and Stella (the tortoises).

I never thought we'd sell them. We had planned on Aidan taking them with him sometime after he graduated high school. I have no idea how much to sell them for. Or for that matter, HOW to sell them. They are both very healthy and have been well cared for. They have been soaked at least 5+ days a week their entire lives. We feed them a variety of mixed greens, Mazuri (with calcium added), and occasionally dandelions and cactus pads.

It is with a very heavy heart that we sell them. Any advise would be very helpful. I'd love to see them go to someone that would love them and take care of them.

Thanks,
Melissa

NorCal tortoise guy

5 Year Member
Northern California
Hi. I have 2 Indian Stars that I am interested in selling. They were bred to be females but one is definitely a male (we've seen his "parts" in action). Im pretty sure the other one is a male too. I'd love to see them go to a good home. We are asking $1400 for the pair. I posted a question about them earlier, trying to figure out what to do with them. This is what my previous post said:

Hello all.

I could use some advice. We have two Indian Star tortoises. They are both 2 years old and we have had them since they were hatchlings. My husband and I bought them as a birthday gift for my son's 13th birthday (although my husband and I have always been the ones to take care of them).

Tragically and unexpectedly our son, Aidan, passed away the week before Christmas. We have been going through a very hard time lately. We have a lot of expenses right now and a lot of stress. My husband suggested to simplify our lives and help pay for our son's headstone, that we sell the Nova and Stella (the tortoises).

I never thought we'd sell them. We had planned on Aidan taking them with him sometime after he graduated high school. I have no idea how much to sell them for. Or for that matter, HOW to sell them. They are both very healthy and have been well cared for. They have been soaked at least 5+ days a week their entire lives. We feed them a variety of mixed greens, Mazuri (with calcium added), and occasionally dandelions and cactus pads.

It is with a very heavy heart that we sell them. Any advise would be very helpful. I'd love to see them go to someone that would love them and take care of them.

Thanks,
Melissa

I'm so sorry for your loss

At this point I'm not ready to get the tortoises but was looking for good breeders to buy from latter this year.