Indian & Sri Lankan Stars (Well Started)

WNash

Location (City and/or State)
Litchfield Park, AZ
Hello, I'm looking for well started Incubated female Indian Stars & well started incubated male & female Sri Lankan Stars. Any help?

OkAdiza

Tortoise Club
Virginia
Hello, I'm looking for well started Incubated female Indian Stars & well started incubated male & female Sri Lankan Stars. Any help?
Tortstork currently has some stars available. Maybe check with them.

PA2019

5 Year Member
Tucson, AZ
Where are you located? What kind of setup do you have?

WNash

Litchfield Park, AZ
I'm in Arizona. I have a closed system enclosure. Best for them so you can regulate the humidity & temp. I have Indians & Sri Lankans now, I'm just trying to get more for my breeding program. I'm looking for 1-2 female Indians & 1 male & 1-2 female Sri Lankans.

gummybearpoop

10 Year Member!
Arizona
I may have surplus Sri Lankan males in spring. My friend is getting first dibbs, but I should still have some and they are all nice looking animals. I’m also located in Arizona

WNash

Litchfield Park, AZ
OK keep me posted. I have a question while we are at it. I have heard conflicting information when it comes to lighting, UVA & UVB. I was reading a article from a Indian/Sri Lankan breeder & he was saying he uses led lights at 5000-5500K & keeps them on for 14 hours a day, keeps his UVB lights on for 4 hours a day & keeps his UVA basking lights on with the Leds for 14 hours a day in a closed system. He says they only need 4 hours of UVB a day & it extends the life of the bulb. I tried to do this but I'm thinking that 14 hours of UVA basking is a bit too much & it lowers the humidity a lot faster & my foggers are working overtime. What do you think about this?

Thank you

gummybearpoop

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Here is a link on some of my stars and how I raise them. I don’t use UVB lights because I live in an area that gets plenty of sunshine.

WNash

Litchfield Park, AZ
How old are your Stars? I heard it was best to raise them in a closed system at the least the first year but I've heard others do it for the first 5-7 years to make sure their shells are smooth.