Incubator questions!

Status
Not open for further replies.

devsharkey

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Arizona
So, I know there are a lot of incubators out there.

I only have two females and one male, so all in all, I may only get ten eggs total, if I'm lucky.

Are there any small incubators out there that I wouldn't be wasting my money on? I know most incubators hold 40-60 eggs, and I won't be breeding that often, it's more of an off-handed hobby, so if you know of any smaller incubators that are still a great quality, would you let me know?

Thanks!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I like the Hovibators or the Little Giants best. These aren't all that big and will do fine for a small number of eggs.

lvstorts

10 Year Member!
I agree with Tom. The Hovibators work great, are durable and inexpensive. I've got the really fancy incubator and a couple of Hovibators and I always use the Hovibator!

devsharkey

10 Year Member!
Arizona
lvstorts said:
I agree with Tom. The Hovibators work great, are durable and inexpensive. I've got the really fancy incubator and a couple of Hovibators and I always use the Hovibator!

Thank you, both of you!

Rover15

5 Year Member
ontario canada
not to high jack a thread but on the same topic I have never seen either for sale around me here in Canada I just did a google search for both of them just to take a look.

has any one tried the zoo med or exo terra one's? there are the two that are readily available to me. I have an adult female Hermann and will be getting a male by the end of march I don't expect any eggs this year but I still want to prepare myself.

Tortoise

10 Year Member!
Canada
I'm using the Exo Terra incubator-looks like small fridge.Only had it running for a few days on my pancake eggs, my first tortoise eggs!
I will let you know if it is successful.
I have found the display temp to be 3 degrees higher than it actually is.Its important to use a separate thermometer close to eggs to be sure.

I too am wondering what to get for a 2nd incubator or if we should construct our own??

Status
Not open for further replies.