Increased Activity during the winter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

StudentoftheReptile

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Alabama
For some reason, my juvenile redfoots (which are kept indoors) have been going crazy. They are more active, even at odd hours of the night, climbing on everything, and making all sorts of racket. They typically weren't this rambunctious during the warmer months. Is it just cabin fever? Anyone else notice this with their tortoises?

FLINTUS

5 Year Member
Watery Wiltshire in the UK
StudentoftheReptile said:
For some reason, my juvenile redfoots (which are kept indoors) have been going crazy. They are more active, even at odd hours of the night, climbing on everything, and making all sorts of racket. They typically weren't this rambunctious during the warmer months. Is it just cabin fever? Anyone else notice this with their tortoises?
If I'm honest, I've brought a portable radiator separate from central heating into the room(I'm in the rainy UK so temps are too bad to keep outside in the summer permanently) and my temps are probably higher than the summer for my two. They will probably think it's rainy season due to the colder temps though so will be busy searching for things like overipe fruits.

StudentoftheReptile

5 Year Member
Alabama
Nope...our house has gotten slightly cooler, and I have started feeding them a little less since November.

bigred

10 Year Member!
Southern California
I havent noticed any change in mine but I keep them in a pretty big hot box in the garage. They still get out in the winter sometimes, Its going to be sunny today but still on the cold side so I will let them out

Madkins007

10 Year Member!
Nebraska
Mine used to freak after a big substrate change or something, but not 'just because'. Sorry I can't help!

Status
Not open for further replies.