Incandescent floodlight bulb

Karen(pebbles)

Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Bristol Uk
Can’t seem to find these bulbs anywhere here in the uk, can anybody recommend the next best thing for a Herman’s juvenile, the ones at pets at home are awful and doesn’t last long, many thanks

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
The ones in the link do not have uvb, so you will also have to have a uvb bulb. The tube florescent are the best ones for uvb. Not coil or CFL and not mercury vapor bulbs.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
The household incandescent bulbs aren't available in the UK shops anymore unless you can find somewhere selling old stock.
You can buy spot basking bulbs in pet shops or online but it is generally recommended that you use a flood bulb now as spots concentrate the heat in one area and can be too hot.
As mentioned above Arcadia sell flood bulbs, ranging from 50 -150w but I haven't yet found these in places like Pets at Home or The Range or any local reptile supply shops, so you have to order online. I use a 150w as my tort has his own room so a large area, you would need a lower watt in a smaller space I should think. You still need a uvb source with it. Hopefully the UK has some sun on the way now so some short supervised outdoor time will be great for our torts.

ManAlive85

London UK
I bought a pack of bulbs from this eBay seller recently:

I’ve only been using them for a couple of weeks so I can’t attest to how long they last but so far, so good. They were well packaged and arrived in good condition (which is an issue I’ve had in the past when ordering bulbs online).

Karen(pebbles)

Platinum Tortoise Club
Bristol Uk
The household incandescent bulbs aren't available in the UK shops anymore unless you can find somewhere selling old stock.
You can buy spot basking bulbs in pet shops or online but it is generally recommended that you use a flood bulb now as spots concentrate the heat in one area and can be too hot.
As mentioned above Arcadia sell flood bulbs, ranging from 50 -150w but I haven't yet found these in places like Pets at Home or The Range or any local reptile supply shops, so you have to order online. I use a 150w as my tort has his own room so a large area, you would need a lower watt in a smaller space I should think. You still need a uvb source with it. Hopefully the UK has some sun on the way now so some short supervised outdoor time will be great for our torts.
thankyou Lyn, i've taken your advice and ordered the arcadia flood bulbs from ebay now