Inactive weather?

Jeff Shin

Location (City and/or State)
South Korea
I think my leopard tortoise is inactive these days. she just sleeps under the shades during the daytime. I mean she's so active before the weather gets hotter here. It's about 95F and 70% humidity nowadays. Are they inactive sometimes when it's too hot and humid?

or should I worry about her?

Millerlite

10 Year Member!
Southern Calif.
how olds your leopard? How is the enclosure set up? outdoors? even on the hottest days my leopard is active, maybe not all day but never takes days off. Usually on the warmest parts he finds shade, but early hes out basking, Make sure water and shade is available, and try and add a cool side to a enclosure.

Kyle

Jeff Shin

South Korea
how olds your leopard? How is the enclosure set up? outdoors? even on the hottest days my leopard is active, maybe not all day but never takes days off. Usually on the warmest parts he finds shade, but early hes out basking, Make sure water and shade is available, and try and add a cool side to a enclosure.

Kyle
shes 10 and its outdoor. okay maybe I should provide more cool side for her and keep watching. thank you for your advice kyle.

daniellenc

Maryland
My guys hides in the hottest hours of the day and is only out early morning and evening.

Jeff Shin

South Korea
My guys hides in the hottest hours of the day and is only out early morning and evening.
oh I think she just want to avoid daytime like yours. I just found out shes walking around the house for food this evening. thanks:)

Millerlite

10 Year Member!
Southern Calif.
oh I think she just want to avoid daytime like yours. I just found out shes walking around the house for food this evening. thanks:)
Oh good. Yeah i use shade cloth on enclosure that don't have natural shade. Mine will nap in the shade spots. Sounds like yours is doing whats normal.

Kyle

Jeff Shin

South Korea
Oh good. Yeah i use shade cloth on enclosure that don't have natural shade. Mine will nap in the shade spots. Sounds like yours is doing whats normal.

Kyle
yeah I think she just changed her bed time this summer. little bit surprised but she looks fine.