In The ER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Creteloc

5 Year Member
He ate!! Ive never been so happy to see something eat. He got fresh collard greens that I made sure were dripping wet. He is in my bathroom now with the heater on because the doctor said he can't get cold. Its toasty in there. Thank you for all the prayers. He's not out of the woods yet but eating was a biggie.

Kvoigt

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
South Dakota
Creteloc said:
He ate!! Ive never been so happy to see something eat. He got fresh collard greens that I made sure were dripping wet. He is in my bathroom now with the heater on because the doctor said he can't get cold. Its toasty in there. Thank you for all the prayers. He's not out of the woods yet but eating was a biggie.

YAY for eating!!!!!! lol keep us posted!!!im so interested to see how he pulls through!! soooooo glad u got him when you did.:D:D:D:D

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
That is great news. I hope he pulls through. I'm sure in your care he will thrive. Positive thoughts are being your way.

Melly-n-shorty

5 Year Member
Phoenix Arizona
you're in our thoughts. he ate that's a good sign! keep us updated!

Laura said:
why was he pushing to hard to pee? did they look for or find any bladder stones?
maybe the infection made him feel like he had to go, so he kept straining to go? that's a good question.

tweeter

5 Year Member
NC
This is the way I like to start my day! Great news :) He's a lucky tort to have you taking such good care of him, you're doing a great job. Sending lots of healing prayers to him.

Creteloc

5 Year Member
Chekov had a really good night. I checked on him at 2am and 4am and he was deep asleep in his hide. This morning at 7am he was out and about. His tail looks great! Yesterday it was sticking straight out and had a bulge in it... this morning it's curved around to his leg again and no bulge :) I hope that means the infection is down enough that his bladder isn't swollen and he's not trying to push it out. I have an idea how to soak him too so when I feed the kids I'm going to give him a good warm bath. Oh, and the tortoise table will be done today so no more box!

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Great! So happy things are going the right way it seems!! :D

Creteloc

5 Year Member
The soaking worked. I was able to give him a soak without his tail touching the water. I have to admit he acted a bit indignant and tried to crawl off my hand, poor guy hehe

Yup... ran to the store to buy some medical gloves so I don't infect his tail... and then I held his bum out of the water during the soak. I have to admit it was kinda funny.
2011-12-18_08-13-58_911.jpg

His plastron is looking really good. The dead part is falling away as the infection clears and the medicine works. He has nice pink skin under it instead of the black skin he started with. The shell will heal around it but there will always be a deficit there. I'm thinking he won't mind. That one part right under his chin that's black is all that needs to fall off now.
2011-12-18_08-21-51_460.jpg

Shorter beak too. I'm no vet but I think making it through the night with the bladder inside and now he's eating is a really good sign!

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
It all sounds VERY positive to me. Actually much better news then I expected to hear so soon. :D

pk2610

5 Year Member
I am so glad of the improvement even though it is hard to see him go through all these. He is so lucky to have you. I admire your courage to take him and fight with him in this battle. Pray for speedy recovery of little Chekov.

tweeter

5 Year Member
NC
It must be my imagination, but it looks like he has a "Mona Lisa" smile in that last picture.

Status
Not open for further replies.