In Memoriam

ascott

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Apple Valley, California
This was real hard for me to write, but I think I did a decent job, let me know what you think of it.
I think it is pure perfection exactly the way it is....Thanks Captain, I can not believe that I have never seen this before. So happy to have found it...thank you for taking the time and feeling to share it....

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Low desert 50 mi SE of Palm Springs CA

pepsiandjac

10 Year Member!
Swansea UK
I'm so sorry about Kia, she was beautiful.

She looks almost exactly like my Blanca, who we love dearly, and who was milking the hurt paw for everything she could get!
View attachment 265020

Thankyou,
Bianca is beautiful,I actually thought it was a photo of Kia at first,
Hope her leg is better soon.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
This thread is for people who have lost a beloved pet, be it shelled, furred, feathered, scaled, or what have you.

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
I'm really glad we have this thread. I'm almost never on it, but it serves a beautiful purpose when the time is right.
My adorable eastern mud turtle diva, Jacques, was euthanized last month. She had been sick on and off for a year and a half due to complications from a near-drowning incident on Dec 8, 2017.
I had her from just a tiny juvenile rescued from the middle of a playground at a middle school here in south Louisiana. An 8th grade boy sneaked her into the school in his backpack so that he could give her to the biology teacher! If she could survive a child's backpack, you KNOW she was a survivor! Ha! Happily, the biology teacher is my neighbor who loves animals and knows that I do as well.
She was euthanized at the LSU vet school where I had brought her for treatment when the exotic vet was out of ideas as to why she kept getting sick. The vet school sent me a beautiful little ceramic mold of her footprints along with a card signed by her doctor and the techs who worked with her during the time she was their patient! Photo of the footprints and my little diva to follow.
Thank you all for being here.

IMG_3121.JPG

IMG_9985.JPG

IMG_9462.JPG

katieandiggy

5 Year Member
Suffolk, United Kingdom
I'm really glad we have this thread. I'm almost never on it, but it serves a beautiful purpose when the time is right.
My adorable eastern mud turtle diva, Jacques, was euthanized last month. She had been sick on and off for a year and a half due to complications from a near-drowning incident on Dec 8, 2017.
I had her from just a tiny juvenile rescued from the middle of a playground at a middle school here in south Louisiana. An 8th grade boy sneaked her into the school in his backpack so that he could give her to the biology teacher! If she could survive a child's backpack, you KNOW she was a survivor! Ha! Happily, the biology teacher is my neighbor who loves animals and knows that I do as well.
She was euthanized at the LSU vet school where I had brought her for treatment when the exotic vet was out of ideas as to why she kept getting sick. The vet school sent me a beautiful little ceramic mold of her footprints along with a card signed by her doctor and the techs who worked with her during the time she was their patient! Photo of the footprints and my little diva to follow.

View attachment 275916

View attachment 275917

View attachment 275918

So sorry to read about Jacques. I did follow your story.
Those little footprints are the sweetest I’ve seen.

katieandiggy

5 Year Member
Suffolk, United Kingdom
RIP to my little man Iggy.
I had him PTS on 8th April this year. 13 years old and suffering from a brain tumour. I had him from a puppy, I found an advert in the newspaper and I didn’t believe it was true that the lady was giving him away. I picked him up from a car park in Kent, and paid her £20 so she could get a taxi home. He then became the love of my life and I was his. He sat looking at me most of the day.
I had 2 children and he loved them dearly, he was such a good dog.
We miss him terribly and I have tears in my eyes writing this.

This was him last year
IMG_1562254665.079136.jpg

This was him about 2 days before he passed

8ddc0eb2-408f-475e-8c58-be16a7501002.jpg

I will miss him forever.

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
RIP to my little man Iggy.
I had him PTS on 8th April this year. 13 years old and suffering from a brain tumour. I had him from a puppy, I found an advert in the newspaper and I didn’t believe it was true that the lady was giving him away. I picked him up from a car park in Kent, and paid her £20 so she could get a taxi home. He then became the love of my life and I was his. He sat looking at me most of the day.
I had 2 children and he loved them dearly, he was such a good dog.
We miss him terribly and I have tears in my eyes writing this.

This was him last year
View attachment 275919

This was him about 2 days before he passed

View attachment 275920

I will miss him forever.
So sorry you had to send your sweet boy on ahead. It's never an easy decision, even when we know it's the only loving action left to us.
What a sweetie he was.
My heartfelt condolences to you. :<3:

Shuler24

Michigan
We had a little stow away on a tree we purchased from Home Depot little over a year ago. He was a brown anole, and we named him Stitch (because Stitch was a stowaway too). Luckily we had reptiles in the past and we were able to provide him a warm home in MI, and grew fond of him greeting us during the day. He passed away yesterday, and while we were sad, we know we probably gave him an extra year, and we got to see him grow, and that’s something. He is buried next to our little girl, Dragon, who was our Mountain Horned Dragon. RIP Stitch.

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
We had a little stow away on a tree we purchased from Home Depot little over a year ago. He was a brown anole, and we named him Stitch (because Stitch was a stowaway too). Luckily we had reptiles in the past and we were able to provide him a warm home in MI, and grew fond of him greeting us during the day. He passed away yesterday, and while we were sad, we know we probably gave him an extra year, and we got to see him grow, and that’s something. He is buried next to our little girl, Dragon, who was our Mountain Horned Dragon. RIP Stitch.
WOW! What a beautiful thing you did! Yes, you DEFINITELY gave him time he would not have had up there in MI!
Big hug!:<3:

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica

View attachment 275916

View attachment 275917

View attachment 275918
Absolutely beautiful tribute and photos. I love the little plaque with the footprints.