Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
I do understand

This one's just a cat. I pet her and she purrs, but she doesn't sit on my lap and she has no personality. Molly played fetch with scrunched up paper balls. She was mean. She was indifferent. But she was Molly.

I have always gotten a new dog after the old dog died, but it seems to be different with dogs. You learn to love them in a different way from the old dog. They worm their way into your heart just by being themselves.

domagoj

5 Year Member
Croatia
My pet beardie passed away three months ago. It was probably old age and MBD he suffered as a hatchling(he was a rescue). After a couple months of grief I decided to get a tortoise. Best decision I've ever made ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1476703791.613108.jpg

KellyKhaos

Central Florida
image.jpg
I lost my old boy Calvin 3 years ago & I still miss him like crazy. I became his human when I was 10 & he was 4 weeks old & he gave me the privilege of catering to his every need for all 13 of his years. There are spots in the yard I can't look at because I still expect him to come lumbering out from between the bushes and crumble at me about this & that. He was more than just a pet, he was my best friend for 13 years, half of my life & losing him sucked .

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
This one's just a cat. I pet her and she purrs, but she doesn't sit on my lap and she has no personality. Molly played fetch with scrunched up paper balls. She was mean. She was indifferent. But she was Molly.

I have always gotten a new dog after the old dog died, but it seems to be different with dogs. You learn to love them in a different way from the old dog. They worm their way into your heart just by being themselves.
Suki is very cute and loves everyone. A big difference from Chester!
But Chester was SO SMART and little Suki is a simple minded pup, shall I say.
Not at all "in tune" with me.

TheSulcata

I've never had any pets die except a hamster yet, but I had a cat run away and that was very sad for me. I'm scared by bearded dragon might die within the year because she is SO old like 15 years old

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
So sorry that Aboo has left us. But will always be in your heart!

Virginia, United States
We lost our little guy Blaster several years ago. He was a box turtle, and he has the weirdest story out of all of my pets.

My family loves crayfish. We order it every year and cook it. I'll tell you this-it's really good. They're kinda like mini-lobsters! But anyway, when we ordered crayfish a long time ago, when I was younger, there was.. a turtle in it! Even though I was young I was MAD. Imagine what the poor turtle had been through, in a shipment of crayfish being thrown around! I had to convince my parents that we should keep him, so we did. We had a 30 gallon tank laying around from when we had fish, so we went to the pet store and got all this stuff for him- a wooden hide, wood bark substrate, turtle food, a heat lamp, calcium- everything he'd need. This was our first turtle. I've had four in my 17 years of life. This little fella was awesome. Seriously, he was fearless. He was such a cool pet.

But one day, when I was with my mom, (my parents are divorced) my father got home from work and found him upside down and dead. The next day when we went over, he told us and we were all heartbroken. We did a little burial and my brothers made him a little wooden coffin. Blaster was an awesome little fella, and I miss him a lot.

Rhols

Maine
So sorry for your loss. We had a bearded we named Leonardo and he was 12 when he died and we got him when he was 2 and I cried for a long time. What a cruel thing for your friend to say.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Great idea for this thread.
Beautiful poem

pepsiandjac

10 Year Member!
Swansea UK
A34EA3E4-929E-4244-A847-740DA9DC1E57.jpeg 739AFA5C-3B36-40A7-A88F-9CA29F8F7ED3.jpeg 51B64283-B8F0-4A1D-92B4-F959EEF95D6A.jpeg 34184D65-D42E-49EC-95FB-07752A84E15F.jpeg
Lost my little chihuahua Kia,2 weeks ago, from heart failure,
She was a rescue so don’t really know how old she was but I had her for about 5 years,
I miss her so much.