In crisis my tortoise is dying please help

AZGirl

Location (City and/or State)
Arizona
Hey..Thank you all for the advice and such but right as I was done preparing the carrot bath..it was already too late, she was gone. I am gonna try again, definitely from a better breeder but that won’t be for a while and I’m gonna make 100% sure that the new set up I get will be PERFECT for the new little guy or girl that I get. Many tears were shed but since Athenas life ended so soon I’m gonna make sure that the next one I take in will have an amazing life ?

so sorry. ??????

Obbie

Minnesota
I think it’s time to stop selling Sullys as hatchlings !!! I am seeing way to many hatchlings with failure to thrive and die. There will always be backyard breeders. But it’s only because I had some idea of what Emi needed, but she still died due to my ineptness. I will carry that to my grave. I believe that I’ve been given another chance with Mali ??
I still wish we could find a way to get better care to the wee ones

Agathaade

Los Angeles
Oh no, I’m so sorry OP.
The good thing is now you do have all the info you need for when you’re ready to have another.
When you have the stomach for it you can work on perfecting your enclosure before your next baby.
Wishing you well.

Mrs.Jennifer

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Norwich CT
I’m so very sorry for your loss. You must be heartbroken. I’m also sorry that so many hatchlings and new owners suffer due to misinformation.

SweetGreekTorts

Tucson, AZ
Very sorry for your loss. I've never heard of that breeder before, but as other members stated there are plenty who do not start the hatchlings correctly before selling them off.

When you're ready to get another one, definitely let us know and we can share some much better breeders for you to choose from.

Yossarian

5 Year Member
Wales
Sad to watch this play out, and sorry for your loss. IMO, if these were dogs, and a responsible breeder sold me a puppy that died unexpectedly after 2 months, through no fault of my own, I have no doubt that such a breeder would refund all money paid, and would damn well want to know everything they could about what happened so they could prevent it happening again. This forum has (at least) two members whose babies have become very ill, both purchased closely together, from this breeder. Please approach the breeder about this, ask for your money back, how they deal with your complaint will show you what kind of people they really are.

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Low desert 50 mi SE of Palm Springs CA
I'm so very sorry it ended this way. So heartbreaking!

I hope you have accepted that this was not your fault, and there was nothing anyone could do to save her. You did what was important: you gave her good care and loved her.

When you get your new baby, stay on the forum and we'll all share the fun of a new baby with you.

Nash

5 Year Member
S. New Mexico
I'm sorry ? But please do stay hooked up with us so that you can help others. It's always good to have others' support and consolation. We can only hope that before others get any tortoise, especially little hatchlings, they do research first but that's not generally the case. Like me I didn't start this forum until I needed help. Karen, Tom, Yvonne, Mark, so many more, you'll know who they are, because they compliment each other (I don't mean flatter each other either - they work together); there are just so many here and now you. We have to try and get the word out, tortoises are becoming more and more popular as pets.

SKOLsuper

5 Year Member
Essex
so sorry. ??????
Crying so sad so sorry x
I'm so very sorry it ended this way. So heartbreaking!

I hope you have accepted that this was not your fault, and there was nothing anyone could do to save her. You did what was important: you gave her good care and loved her.

When you get your new baby, stay on the forum and we'll all share the fun of a new baby with you.
Hey..Thank you all for the advice and such but right as I was done preparing the carrot bath..it was already too late, she was gone. I am gonna try again, definitely from a better breeder but that won’t be for a while and I’m gonna make 100% sure that the new set up I get will be PERFECT for the new little guy or girl that I get. Many tears were shed but since Athenas life ended so soon I’m gonna make sure that the next one I take in will have an amazing life ?
im so sorry and you must fill sooo sad let’s hope he’s in a better world now xx