I'm worried my turtle is going blind...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShellyGinny29

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
USA
My Eastern Box Turtle, Ginny, hasn't opened her eyes for several days now, and whenever I soak her, she makes no move to wipe off any pus that is on them. I have taken a small bit of paper towel soaked in warm water and wiped it on her eyes, seeing if that would help, but it didn't. In fact, when I did this, it seemed like she was in pain because she kept pulling her head away and even opened her mouth once. The eyelid looks a bit wrinkly, too, and it sort of looked like it caved in a teeny-tiny bit.

She can, however, sense that someone's there (when she's awake) and will look over at you, so I'm guessing it's either turtley awesomeness or she still has her eyesight.

Any remedies/help? I was told to put Vaseline on her eyes, but I'm afraid that'll hurt.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
So am I understanding correctly? Swollen, pus, shut? What is her enclosure temp, what food items are you offering her, how old is she? How long have you had her?

Caved in wrinkly eyelids, how often do you soak her? Does she have a place she can soak herself when she wants to? Is her enclosure humid enough for her?

Masin

5 Year Member
North Florida
Do you have a close up picture?

Did this happen after you put the lamp on her? Like asked already, what are her temps like? Is she still in a 10 gallon?

Status
Not open for further replies.