I'm officially a cat's servant.

Floof

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
So, I posted about this kitten in the other pet pics thread awhile back. He was a foster kitten at work, from a local rescue. Out of 5 kittens + mom cat, he was my favorite! I pined over him for a good 3 months. But kept reminding myself I couldn't possibly have a cat. Not with housemates that don't keep the doors closed.

Well... To keep a long story short, I failed miserably at talking myself out of it! He came home for a trial adoption a couple weeks ago, and it's been going well. Housemates have been training themselves to keep the door shut. The dogs are getting along with him very well... Though, once the novelty wore off, Stump spent a week pouting! Apparently my furry little ewok doesn't like the idea of sharing the spotlight. :p

SO, now, 4.5 months after he arrived at the store as a 1 month old kitten... He's officially mine! All that's left is paying the fee and getting him neutered. :D

He even has a name... It started out as just a nickname, not supposed to be permanent. No, he'll get a much more realistic name, once he's officially mine. My cat will not sound like he was named by a 6 year old!!! ... Well... The silly little nickname stuck.

Thus, I introduce to you... "Fuzzy Lumpkin."

20140215_081231_zps8b15c840.jpg

(He decided to join Tripod for breakfast the other morning, against my protests.)
20140215_081129_zpsece5d8bc.jpg

20140215_081113_zpsc7198a39.jpg

20140216_102511_zps462824bb.jpg

20140216_184741_zpse362da66.jpg

Floof

10 Year Member!
Southern California
I knew I was missing a couple pics in there... Fuzzy greatly enjoys harassing the tortoises at feeding time, as you can see above. Fortunately, the tortoises don't care.

The Leopard recently got some new slate. Before the slate basking tile, Fuzz would sprawl under the lamp.
20140209_103850800x600_zps6bfc3432.jpg

Upon testing the tile, he gave me this look...
20140215_075451_zps9bc51de2.jpg

"Mooom, it's TOO WARM now!" (Actually... It's a little too warm for the tort, too! Time to bump to a lower wattage bulb!)

"Hey... Hey. Hey. Whatcha doin in there? Why would you want to be in THERE? It's all wet and stuff... Hey..."
20140215_080305_zps59ddc9a4.jpg

20140215_080411_zpsb51102b4.jpg

He likes hidey-holes. Before I could bring him home (had to postpone my trial run by 2 weeks due to a stray cat showing up on the front porch... The DAY he was supposed to come home--what timing!), we started letting him have supervised roam time in the store. He was the last one left, and very vocal about how he disliked being alone.
20140125_161007_zps62d95f69.jpg

Aaaand, baby pic! Who would have thought this miniscule ball of fluff would be bigger than his mother by 6 months old?
20131021_172147-1_zps2c7173ae.jpg

I wish I'd taken pics this past Saturday. He got to come to work with me... The rescue person was bringing by his adoption contract, and asked that I bring him to get his shots. Well, we ended up being very short-staffed, so I couldn't run him home at lunch. Instead, he got to run free around the store, harassing the resident cats and exploring every crevice for 7 hours!

I also discovered that Fuzz has a jealous side. We happened to get in a new batch of foster kittens that day. First... He was very upset that there were OTHER cats in HIS cage (even though he hated the cat cage). Then, he caught me giving mama cat an ear rub. OMG. I have never heard this cat angry growl/snarl before. I hauled him to the other side of the store, thinking it was the new cats he was mad at. But NO. He continued to growl every time I got close for a good 10-20 minutes after that. It wasn't the new cats he was mad at.. It was ME!

Snagging this pic from the store's facebook... The new foster kittens that had Fuzz sooo hot and bothered! Curiously, one of the kittens is a little Fuzzy clone...
1959613_10202239533723698_764950079_n.jpg

lisa127

10 Year Member!
NE Ohio
He is beautiful! I lost both my cats to lymphoma in the past two years, the most recent being 1 week ago. As much as I'm really a dog person, I'm sure missing my kitties. :( Congratulations on the new addition!

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I love happy endings!! Also I so enjoy seeing a long term cat/kitten get a real home.

Lisa... *hugs*

Floof

10 Year Member!
Southern California
Tiffany, she is! She's also a total sweetheart. When you mess with the babies, her only qualm is that she thinks SHE is the one who should be getting pets!

Thank you, Lisa! I'm a dog person as well, but something about this cat is irresistible. I've been brainwashed...
Sorry again to hear about your furbaby.. And the other, as well. Losing one is bad enough... :(

T33's Torts

5 Year Member
Neverland!
Re: RE: I'm officially a cat's servant.

Floof said:
Tiffany, she is! She's also a total sweetheart. When you mess with the babies, her only qualm is that she thinks SHE is the one who should be getting pets!

I wish I had the time for another furry pet! I only have a big fat rabbit.
What shelter are you (the store) fostering for?

Gahhhhh. I shouldn't even ask. I CANNOT have a cat! The struggles!

Floof

10 Year Member!
Southern California
tffnytorts said:
Floof said:

I wish I had the time for another furry pet! I only have a big fat rabbit.
What shelter are you (the store) fostering for?

Gahhhhh. I shouldn't even ask. I CANNOT have a cat! The struggles!

Hehehe. Famous last words... ;)

I believe we're fostering this batch through Redlands Humane Society, which is actually a rescue organization. We fostered through Redlands Animal Shelter previously. I think the change has something to do with issues with the shelter's vet of choice..

I may be able to alleviate your struggle... It sounds like Mama cat may already have a place lined up. It's my understanding one of the people with the rescue is already smitten... Fingers crossed! :D (Though if that changes, I'll be sure to post an update here. Just to torture you. Bwahaha!)

T33's Torts

5 Year Member
Neverland!
AHHHHHH! *runs away screaming*

Inhale. Exhale. Inhale. Exhale.

If I ever decided to get a cat, it'd be an adult male. I just have a thing for the boy kitties.

Floof

10 Year Member!
Southern California
I always said, if I were to get a cat, it would be all black. That didn't turn out so well. :p Haha! But yes, the boy kitties are pretty awesome. I'm incredibly smitten with our two solid black boys at work! They're permanent residents, though.

T33's Torts

5 Year Member
Neverland!
I am in love with a young black cat at the Pasadena humane society. He's a little shy, but he's super cute.

lisa127

10 Year Member!
NE Ohio
My cat Jake that passed last week was an all black male. He was a sweetie. Before he got sick he was about 14 lbs...a big boy. Last week at the vet he was 6.75 lbs. :( Black kitties are great.

AnnV

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
SWFL
Sorry for your loss, Lisa. What a heartbreak.

Fuzzy Lumpkin is a great name. Beautiful cat too!

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
If you all want some black cats, especially males, come on over. I have a bunch and while a couple of black males are among my favorites, I really am not found of black (be it a cat, dog, car whatever). My biggest dislike is it is so hard to tell one from another. I like animals with very unique patterns you can ID from a distance, which is helpful when dealing with the wild cats.