I'm new - from AZ

Melissa319

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
outside of Phoenix, AZ
Hi everyone,

I've been lurking for a few months and finally registered a bit ago. Life long tortoise/turtle fan who's recently finally been able to indulge the obsession. :) I have four young leopards currently and have learned so much from reading all of the amazing information made available to us here. Everyone has been switched to "hot and humid" and I'm seeing the benefits already with smooth growth coming in for the older two tortoises I purchased who had slight pyramiding already.

Anxious to continue learning and doing what I can to keep these little ones happy and healthy. We're looking forward to creating a nice outdoor space for them for the summer, I've spent a lot of time (and not so much money, thankfully!) scouring the internet purchasing various grazing mixes as well as weed and flower seeds. I'm hoping everything grows well in their outdoor pens to provide lots of shade and snacks for the hot summer months.

A couple poor quality photos attached here of the little ones - still trying to come up with some names. :)

Melissa

IMG_5362.JPG IMG_5403.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Hello and Welcome to the forum. This is a great place to learn and share. :) Welcome.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Melissa, and welcome to the forum!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Thanks for the welcomes. I'm in the west Valley, about 45 minutes west of Phoenix. Goodyear/Avondale area.

HA! 45 minutes at what time of day???

Just kidding. I love the Phoenix area.

Hello and welcome.

Melissa319

5 Year Member
outside of Phoenix, AZ
You know, when it's not rush hour. So... 2am generally. :) We're out there a ways but thank goodness don't have to commute regularly. Not sure how people do it.

ShannonC

South Carolina
Hi! And Welcome!! I am pretty new here as well, and have learned a lot from reading pages and pages of posts every night....lol.....I did that for weeks and weeks before I joined. I am happy to be here and am sure you will be too!

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
Welcome to the forum!

Those torts of yours are a wonder-GOD bless, and take good care of them.