I'm new and want to buy a tortoise

Status
Not open for further replies.

meagan

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Ontario, Canada
Hi everyone,
I have been looking to buy a tortoise but my problem is that I live in Canada and nobody will ship here. I have been looking for awhile and can not figure out where I can find a breeder in Canada or even someone who is willing to ship to canada. If anyone can help me it would be greatly appreciated!
Thankyou,
Meagan.

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
Hello Meagan and welcome to the forum. We do have a few members that live in Canada and hopefully one of them will be able to assist you with finding the right tortoise for you.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hello and welcome. Why would you want a tortoise? They're boring and they don't DO anything.

Haha. Just kidding. We have lots of Canadian members and they all have tortoises and other reptiles, so I know they are available up there somehow. I'm sure several of them will be along to help you out.

JohnathanO

5 Year Member
Brampton, Ontario, Canada
Welcome to the forum :tort:

What kind of tortoise are you looking for? and what province are you in?

check classifieds like kijiji or join the reptilescanada forum and check the classifieds. I see them there every so often.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Meagan:

Welcome to the forum!!

meagan

5 Year Member
Ontario, Canada
I'm looking for a red foot, leopard or a hermann but I love tortoises and I really don't want to buy from a pet store because I don't know how well they are taken care of and to pay about $600 for a hermann who is not healthy would not be a good thing. I live in Toronto, Ontario and I am having a really hard time finding any breeders around here.

JohnathanO

5 Year Member
Brampton, Ontario, Canada
If you message the member here name Dave D, he may be able to help you, he breeds leopards and I'm pretty sure he has some eggs right now, he lives around bowmanville I believe. I also know of someone that breeds Yellow foot torts in Georgetown. (If your interested let me know and I can find his contact)

There is also a reptile show coming up July 24 in Toronto, not usually a LOT of tortoises but they usually have a few for sale.

meagan

5 Year Member
Ontario, Canada
Thankyou for the information and all of the welcomes. Hopefully I can get a tortoise soon. I will let everyon know which tortoise I end up with. :)

meagan

5 Year Member
Ontario, Canada
Hi everyone,
So I got my torotise (flash) on monday afternoon and i am in love with him. So is my brother, who is now going to get one after he builds a good enclosure for it. The only thing is that when in his enclosure he likes to hide under a fake plant and not in is hide. He doesn't really come out and has barely eaten. When I took him outside yesterday he loved walking around in the grass but didnt eat any of the grass. He seems very active and is going to the washroom and I have been soaking him twice a day. I think he is just not comfortable yet and may take him a little while to start eating again. Hopefully he will be okay.

relaxkuma123

5 Year Member
็Hello, welcome to the forum!!, what kind of tort that you get?

DesertGrandma

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Welcome to the forum,and congratulations on your new baby leopard tortoise.

SnakeyeZ

5 Year Member
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Welcome to the forum from the west Meagan!

Do you have any pictures? I eventually would like to get a leopard tortoise. For now, working with the smaller guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.