I'm getting new babies!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laurie

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Saratoga County, New York
I'm getting two new russian hatchlings! I'm very excited!! My husband is underway building two new enclosures. My new babies are coming from two different sellers, so I should keep them separated, quarantined from each other (and Tina), right?

It's a long story why we are buying from two different sellers. The short version is, my husband fell in love with one picture and me with another..lol. Why do I even show him things :p:rolleyes:

We have to wait for the weather to warm up a little here before shipping will be possible. I will post pics, but I think they aren't coming until next week. Just wanted to share my excitement!!

Thanks,
Laura

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
That is awesome! Russians are great tortoises. So does this bring your total to three? You are on your way... :)

Yes, you should keep them all separate for a while. Opinions vary on what the length of time for quarantine ought to be, BUT no harm can be done if you wait TOO long, vs. not waiting long enough. When you first get them, and periodically during the quarantine period, I would run a fecal or two to see what you might be dealing with. Most of the time they are fine and after a few months you can start mixing them. At that point you will have to watch for behavioral problems. Russians can be a feisty bunch...

LuvmyGreenSon

5 Year Member
Yay!! I too should be receiving my little russian next week. I am beyond excited. Good luck with yours! :D Be sure to post pics when they arrive!

Jessie

5 Year Member
Congrats, please post pics asap. Baby RT's are so adorable. I wish i could get my other half to agree to even one more.

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
How exciting!! I'm still trying to "ask" for a second RF.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Jessie said:
Congrats, please post pics asap. Baby RT's are so adorable. I wish i could get my other half to agree to even one more.

Just pop it out in the yard and act like it just wandered in:p:D. We will all back you up:D

GeoTerraTestudo

5 Year Member
Broomfield, Colorado
Laurie said:
I'm getting two new russian hatchlings! I'm very excited!! My husband is underway building two new enclosures. My new babies are coming from two different sellers, so I should keep them separated, quarantined from each other (and Tina), right?

It's a long story why we are buying from two different sellers. The short version is, my husband fell in love with one picture and me with another..lol. Why do I even show him things :p:rolleyes:

We have to wait for the weather to warm up a little here before shipping will be possible. I will post pics, but I think they aren't coming until next week. Just wanted to share my excitement!!

Thanks,
Laura

It's for the better that they come from different sellers. That way, if they're of opposite sex and breed with each other someday, you won't have to worry about inbreeding as much. :)

jcramirez

5 Year Member
Chicago
whats the best place to get them..?
i want 2!! also..
i did a along research..
now im ready for them.. :)
please just let me know whats the place to get them from :D

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
jcramirez said:
whats the best place to get them..?
i want 2!! also..
i did a along research..
now im ready for them.. :)
please just let me know whats the place to get them from :D

Hi jcramirez:

Won't you take a few moments to start a new thread in the "introductions" section and tell us a bit about yourself?

jcramirez

5 Year Member
Chicago
yes you are right..
im new at this im sorry
i don't even know how to do that.
but ill try :)

Laurie

5 Year Member
Saratoga County, New York
It's so hard to be patient :(
Weather is still not warm enough overnight here for them to come yet. Crossing my fingers for next week :)

Status
Not open for further replies.