I'm a newbie

toocrazy

Hi everyone. I'm a newbie to the forum and also to tortoises. Tomorrow I'm going to get a Russian Tortoise. Thanks to all the wonderful info here, I've got a nice outdoor enclosure almost finished. I live in SW FL so it will be spending most of it's time outside. I've been pouring over all threads and taking in a lot. I know there's still tons more to learn but I think I'm off to a good start. Can't wait til tomorrow to get my new little friend.:D

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
How exciting, your first tortoise!! How did you decide on a Russian? Oh yeah, I almost forgot... welcome! :D

Barista5261

5 Year Member
Central Florida
Welcome fellow Floridian! [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH] be sure to post pics of your baby when you get him, we love pictures here!

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Welcome! Welcome! ! !

Good to have you here. Good luck and have fun with your tortoise.

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
Hello and welcome to the TFO from AZ. But why didn't you post pictures of your outside enclosure and give us old farts some ideas ? :) good luck with your new RT .

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Welcome Crazy!! Something to learn is tortoises are addictive. Everyone starts with one. And I'm not sure if any of us have stopped learning more about our wonderful little friends.

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
Friends or addiction ( torts ) well were still waiting for pictures of your new tort good luck and lots of fun

toocrazy

Thanks so much for the warm welcome. Well I didn't get my tort today because my enclosure isn't finished. My 80 year old dad is helping me build it and it's going slower than I thought. I want it 100% ready before I bring it home. I most certainly will post pictures and look forward to your opinions and advice to make my enclosure a good home for my new baby.