I'm a new tort mom!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonaTello's-Mom

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
California, central coast
Hello!
I'm Jill and I live in Lompoc, ca. Raining cats and dogs here. I love this forum and I've been reading it everyday for the last 3 weeks. We have a Sulcata and he/she is 4 inches long. My daughter named him DonnaTello after the "Teenage mutant turtles", I love his name! About 3 weeks ago my 17yr daughter came home with a small cardboard box, well she ran past me so I couldn't see what she had. She said her friend didn't want it so she brought it to OUR HOUSE! I mean really, we have 2 horses, 3 dogs and 1 newly adopted (by me, sucker I am ) barn kitten. But I just love this little tort and thanks to you-all I've been learning so much. The previous owners of "Donnie" had kept him in this small box with rotten lettuce, no UVB and no heat, poor thing. They said he's only 1yr but seems really big for that age.
So now he's living the good life with us. Thanks for all your VERY informative posts. Hope to chat with you soon.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Jill:

562224ln2snt9yru.jpg

to the forum!!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Welcome. I think the love for Yvonne is pretty unanimous here.

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
You know you love it, Yvonne. And deserve it. ;)

Welcome, Jill. What happy news that you have taken charge of keeping Donatello (cool name because he can be Donna if it turns out to be she). If you have space for horses, you can probably accommodate an adult Sulcata. Lucky little torty! :D

Please post photos when you can! Here's one way to do it: http://tortoiseforum.org/thread-5245.html

My Little Louie

5 Year Member
Welcome...Im a bit jealous,I wish I could have a sulcata..,but I live in Wi and its too cold...would need a bigger house,if I ever move to a warmer state,that would be the first thing I would do :D

micki

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
uk
welcome to the forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.