I'm a happy noooob!

Status
Not open for further replies.

trogdor89

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
hello!! I'm new to this site and tortoise raising but I'm already super excited:D. I've only had my sulcatta hatchling for about a month, so its about two and a half months already and it still fits in my hand. er, so i need lots of tips for housing and food for the little guy

clark

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
cape canaveral/cocoa beach florida
ur little guy wont be little for long so.heres somesites to get u started sulcatafoods.com and turtlestuff.com are good ones.WHAT kind of inclosure are u using?ARE u using calcium?I recomend growing ur own food its simple and cheaper in the long run.80% of ur tortoises diet should be grasses and weeds.WHAT kind of lighting are u using?does he get natural sunlight?

trogdor89

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
clark said:
ur little guy wont be little for long so.heres somesites to get u started sulcatafoods.com and turtlestuff.com are good ones.WHAT kind of inclosure are u using?ARE u using calcium?I recomend growing ur own food its simple and cheaper in the long run.80% of ur tortoises diet should be grasses and weeds.WHAT kind of lighting are u using?does he get natural sunlight?

for right now i have about 40 or 50gallon terarium. i use powdered calcium supplements about every two to three days and most of what i feed him are grasses. i have a nice heat light, a day light, and uvb light. doesnt get much natural sun cuz its usually cold outside, but i take him out as much as possible to run around in the grass

trogdor89

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
only pics of him i have are on my phone (almost the whole of the memory is filled with pics of him lol)
V.V i need a camera lol

Cam

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Minnesota
welcome! looking forward to hearing about your little one:D

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
:D You sound really excited about your little one!! So glad your joining us here.

Status
Not open for further replies.