IF YOU SUBMITTED A PICTURE FOR THE CONTEST, CHECK HERE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
This a.m. I received this message from Josh:

"I have these folks who sent in nice high resolution photos:
Moozillion
DaisyDuke
Maro2Bear
Bee62
TammyJ
Foursteels
vladimir
KarenSoCal
irishkitty
Aunt Caffy
CarolM
Angryscientist
and about 14 more that I asked to resend. I'll extend the deadline another 48 hours. Just need people to send in the highest resolution possible"

Please folks . . . it clearly states in the guidelines for the contest that the pictures must be at least 5 megapixels.

(To know the megapixels on any picture or any phone or any camera. Take a random pic using that device, after that using the computer, right click at the pic and search for details, you can see the (pixels) x (pixels) information. If the pic is in the phone, search for the option when the screen showing the picture, heads to details.
How to know the megapixels, if it shows 1980 x 2561, times it. The result is 5,070,780 which means 5.07MEGAPIXELS. It means the pic is qualified.)

The reason for this is because when the picture is sent to the calendar printing people, they blow it up to fit nicely on the calendar page. Anything less than 5 megapixels doesn't blow up nicely and the picture is blurry. So we don't accept them.

We have enough entries to fill 12 calendar pages, but what kind of contest is that? Please - you 14 folks that submitted the wrong size picture - please take them again and re-submit.

The deadline is now extended to Saturday, midnight PST.

And remember, when you get your calendar late, this kind of stuff is what slows down the process.

Last edited:

Josh

Ask questions, share answers, talk torts!
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA
We'll still be on schedule to have calendars shipped in time. Just make sure you're sending in the highest resolution possible (uncompressed format if possible). This will guarantee that the calendar is printed with nice sharp beautiful images!

Taylor T.

5 Year Member
New England
Hmm, mine was over 5 megapixels, and I didn't recieve a message to re-send. I just re-sent it anyways, please tell me if something is wrong with it, or if you don't receive it.

Last edited:

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
@Yvonne G @Josh no sign of mine? I sent it to the contests...email from my old email address...just sent it again from my most commonly used email.

Big Charlie

5 Year Member
California
I didn't get a message to resend. I just checked my sent message and the picture I sent was over 5 megapixels. I'm sending it again. If there is something wrong, how will I know?

Taylor T.

5 Year Member
New England
I didn't get a message to resend. I just checked my sent message and the picture I sent was over 5 megapixels. I'm sending it again. If there is something wrong, how will I know?
I guess we're in the same boat. It would be nice if someone running the contest could confirm whether or not our photos got through. @Yvonne G @Josh

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Josh will let you know before the deadline.

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
Apparently none of the pics I can take on my phone will work and this is the only camera I have so I'm out this year.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I just heard from Josh. He said he received a BIG influx of new photos and he'll try to let us know if they're acceptable, but he's very busy with work right now.

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
I just heard from Josh. He said he received a BIG influx of new photos and he'll try to let us know if they're acceptable, but he's very busy with work right now.
@Yvonne G ...I realize Josh may (or may not) have received my photo the second time around...but could I send it to you as a back-up? Just in case?

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
Apparently none of the pics I can take on my phone will work and this is the only camera I have so I'm out this year.
If you can load your digital image onto a desktop computer, you might be able to increase the resolution/pixels. That's what we did with the photo I submitted. I don't know if you need a special program to do this or not...

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
@Yvonne G ...I realize Josh may (or may not) have received my photo the second time around...but could I send it to you as a back-up? Just in case?
I don't think that's a good idea, as my email program (when I re-send it to Josh) fools with the size of the pictures when sending. I'll give him a jingle right now and ask if he's received yours. BRB

TechnoCheese

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lewisville, Texas
If you can load your digital image onto a desktop computer, you might be able to increase the resolution/pixels. That's what we did with the photo I submitted. I don't know if you need a special program to do this or not...

I did that too, but apparently the image was still too low a resolution(it was a bit bigger than 6 megapixels). Luckily, it turns out that when I airdropped the picture from my mom’s phone to my iPad, it condensed the picture, so all I had to do was email the picture straight from my mom’s phone.
Just hope it actually sent, because although I mailed it from my account, it’s only showing that it was sent on the AOL app on her phone, and not on any of my devices.

Last edited:

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I still haven't gotten any sort of confirmation about mine, does that mean you didn't get it?
We'll know soon enough. Josh works week-ends and Saturday is a very busy day at work. Hopefully he'll add the names here today.

Status
Not open for further replies.