Identifying the OP

Big Charlie

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
California
Is there a way with the forum software to identify the original poster's or thread starter's posts within a thread they started? When responding to a thread, it would be helpful to know who is the OP without having to go back to the first post to see.

I'm on another forum that I think uses the same software, and the words "thread starter" show under the member's name on all his or her posts in the thread.

P

pguinpro

Is there a way with the forum software to identify the original poster's or thread starter's posts within a thread they started? When responding to a thread, it would be helpful to know who is the OP without having to go back to the first post to see.

I'm on another forum that I think uses the same software, and the words "thread starter" show under the member's name on all his or her posts in the thread.
Just use tapatalk app it has OP badge next to the thread starter.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
That's a good suggestion. I'll alert @Josh

I'm with you on "going back to the first post" Especially on threads that have more than one page. For instance the newest sulcata thread started being about a baby that had closed eyes a lot of the time and ended up being about keeping water in the enclosure. With all the pictures and posts, it was a chore to go back to the first post to see who started it.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Will: He's wanting to show who wrote the original question in a thread. So when you're down at the bottom of the page you don't have to go all the way back up to the top to see who started the thread.

Big Charlie

5 Year Member
California

Kapidolo Farms

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
South of Southern California, but not Mexico
I was just figuring you might recall who from when you opened the thread.

I suppose you could open TFO in two windows, take your time scrolling through pages and pages, and then see the OP in the other window.

Maybe Josh will sort something out?