Identify type of tortoise?

Josceline

Location (City and/or State)
Los Ángeles
Hello everyone,
I’m new here and I really wanted to know if anyone here can identify the type of tortoise this is. I had this one when I was very small but I had to move and gave it away. I found these pictures and really want to know what kind of tortoise it was but I can’t seem to find anything. I thought maybe a red footed tortoise but I’m not so sure. Any help would be appreciated :)

956711AB-6F23-456E-8C64-859EEE80A8A1.jpegE58274FC-F6F7-4BF9-BEF3-C9CD88C977BB.jpeg

Josceline

Los Ángeles
Thanks you! I was initially in doubt because the pictures on google of red footed tortoise seem to have darker bodies and more red all over. Thanks again!

Fish Breath

NY
No problem. Tortoises can have different tints, as proven with russian tortoises. Those could be light, medium, and dark shells of which complicates not much more than breeding. You can stay assured that the sale goes for your Red foot.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
That's most likely a pacific pond turtle. They're illegal to own now, but may not have been back when you had him.

Josceline

Los Ángeles
That is not a tortoise, it’s a turtle. Would need better pictures, but it could be one of the Central American wood turtles.
That is not a tortoise, it’s a turtle. Would need better pictures, but it could be one of the Central American wood turtles.
Ohhh I’m probably wrong lol. I though land turtles were called tortoise.

Josceline

Los Ángeles
That's most likely a pacific pond turtle. They're illegal to own now, but may not have been back when you had him.
I haven’t heard of those. I don’t remember much but this was a gift and the person who gifted it had many of them. They were kept in land not in ponds though so I’m not sure

Hutsie B

5 Year Member
NC
yes, it is some type of wood turtle not a tortoise.

saleena.lewis

Massachusetts
Hello everyone,
I’m new here and I really wanted to know if anyone here can identify the type of tortoise this is. I had this one when I was very small but I had to move and gave it away. I found these pictures and really want to know what kind of tortoise it was but I can’t seem to find anything. I thought maybe a red footed tortoise but I’m not so sure. Any help would be appreciated :)

View attachment 304796View attachment 304797
I don't even think that's a tortoise. Looks like a turtle to me.