Identification

zovick

10 Year Member!
What do you guys think this is?? Picture taken from Facebook so I don’t have any other info. Assumed by owner to be a Sulcata.
The tortoise has no nuchal scute and is rather large (judging by the relative size of the human hand to the tortoise). Both of those traits would indicate it to likely be a sulcata. The head scalation looks like that of a sulcata also from what I can see. It is a bit hard to see the leg scales in the photos, but I believe this is a sulcata which is a bit lighter in color than most, possibly due to old age.

Melissacoop

Location (City and/or State)
Pembroke Pines, FL
The tortoise has no nuchal scute and is rather large (judging by the relative size of the human hand to the tortoise). Both of those traits would indicate it to likely be a sulcata. The head scalation looks like that of a sulcata also from what I can see. It is a bit hard to see the leg scales in the photos, but I believe this is a sulcata which is a bit lighter in color than most, possibly due to old age.
I thought the front legs looked too smooth to be a Sulcata?

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Earth

zovick

10 Year Member!
Are there other pictures? The (apparent) damage to the carapace at the top of the first picture, right of second seems pretty severe.
Those white areas on the carapace look like old, dried up shell rot, although they are in areas where it is rather unusual to see it