Identification of my two greeks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Inland Empire, CA
I would like to thank Darrell Senneke of WCT and our own Egyptiandan and for their kind help in the identification of my two adult Greeks.
Seems they are probably from Lebanon, or Jordon based but definitely from the Middle East. .
There seems to be differences in the species designation that is still up in the air which depends on your taxonomist of choice.
This information of course helps me understand the temps and area my two are from so I can better emulate, or attempt to emulate their habitats to that particular region.
Here is a couple of pics of my two:

Ajax (Comets Dad)
DSCF1039b.jpg

DSCF1010a.jpg

Echo (Comets mom)
DSCF1018a.jpg

and darker markings on shell
DSCF1036a.jpg

Cam

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Minnesota
beautiful torts! great pics...
anyone want to put together a "coffee table" book of submitted torts pics for the next year gift list?

Cam

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Minnesota
T-P said:
Could you explain what it is?
im so dumb sorry

Explain what the tortoise is or what the coffee table book is?

The tort is a Greek...(there was no specific species given...perhaps that is what you are referring to.) I haven't a clue which species they would be debating...

A "coffee table book" probably has a newer name these days...from my day ;) it was an oversized hardcover book of fantastic pictures with beautiful descriptions. It was left on the "coffee table" or end table in the living room as a conversation piece and to page through at your leisure (before technology sucked away leisure time).

We have a few, all with different themes: nature pictures, national parks and national baseball parks. Each picture has a paragraph or two of fun facts.

You are not dumb, always best to ask...if one person has a question they are usually not the only one with the question they are just the one brave enough to ask it:D

Status
Not open for further replies.