I WOULD LIKE A GIRLFRIEND ...My owner will adopt send photos

Kevn Horton

Location (City and/or State)
Tehachapi, ca
Hello everyone I am " The Sheldon", I am one great looking macho 13yr old male Sulcata, if I say so my self ( and I do) I weigh in at 148 lbs ( last year) I like stretching out in the sun and shade, strolling around my compound ( yes a compound not just a yard) Kicking it in the pool on hot days......I like eating..... oh man do I like to eat and one of my fav..... is watermelon and anything RED ....I love RED food ....apples, tomatoes, roses...etc...and I love to poop, I do it as much as I can every day and piles of it ( drives my owner nuts he has to clean it up everyday after work.... has something to do with his OCD.... funny as ****..... )
I am now in search of a girlfriend and I spoke to my owner and he said he would look into adopting me a friend, as I cant type, so he posted this for me.
I like big girls ( if you know what I mean)
we would have a wonderful Compound in the mnts of Tehachapi Ca. about 4000 ft, mild winters ( some snow but not much we would stay in on these days and snuggle .... if you know what I mean..hehe....hehe ) we would live in my place, a climate controlled house ( heated) we have a pool a shade house and a great compound all grass lots of shade.
I have a great Bulldog as a friend ( friend only) but sleeps with me and kicks it with me... he is my buddy

send me some photos I have listed some of mine

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
They should never be kept in pairs. This will be slow torture and a death sentence for the female. You'll need at least two females, and three would be better. Don't forget to quarantine any new arrival in a separate area, and be prepared for your new hobby to be hatching, starting, soaking, feeding, cleaning and selling sulcatas babies year round. Each female can easily produce 100 babies a year. And they lay in winter, so be prepared to set up some sort of ladder or platform over her when she starts digging in the afternoon because you'll need to hang some heat over her on those cold January nights while she lays her eggs and doesn't finish up until midnight or 1am.

Just know what you are getting into, and be prepared for your hobby and enjoyment to change dramatically. They really do best all alone as the sole king of their own territory. Adding a female will not help anything and she won't be his buddy. She'll be his rape victim. No joke. That is how it works for tortoises. Having more than one female spreads this aggression around, and usually slows them down a bunch.

Kevn Horton

Tehachapi, ca
Torts don’t like company of any kind!
But dogs And cats like friends do great in pairs . But reptiles mate in trio’s 1 boy 2 girls ![emoji217]

I have relayed your message and Sheldon has deiced that would be Oky.... Doky with him as he is a party animal and will try to keep the lady's happy...thanks for the info
you would not have any lady's in mind now do ya

Kevn Horton

Tehachapi, ca
They should never be kept in pairs. This will be slow torture and a death sentence for the female. You'll need at least two females, and three would be better. Don't forget to quarantine any new arrival in a separate area, and be prepared for your new hobby to be hatching, starting, soaking, feeding, cleaning and selling sulcatas babies year round. Each female can easily produce 100 babies a year. And they lay in winter, so be prepared to set up some sort of ladder or platform over her when she starts digging in the afternoon because you'll need to hang some heat over her on those cold January nights while she lays her eggs and doesn't finish up until midnight or 1am.

Just know what you are getting into, and be prepared for your hobby and enjoyment to change dramatically. They really do best all alone as the sole king of their own territory. Adding a female will not help anything and she won't be his buddy. She'll be his rape victim. No joke. That is how it works for tortoises. Having more than one female spreads this aggression around, and usually slows them down a bunch.

OMG I dont think I want that .................what about another male will they just fight or will one make the other his BeeeOch

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
OMG I dont think I want that .................what about another male will they just fight or will one make the other his BeeeOch
Two adult males would likely try to kill each other. And if for some reason one of them was scared and didn't want to fight, it would get sick or starve trying to hide from the dominant tortoise in the territory. The noise from two large males fighting is awful. You'll never forget it if you ever hear it.

Kevn Horton

Tehachapi, ca
Two adult males would likely try to kill each other. And if for some reason one of them was scared and didn't want to fight, it would get sick or starve trying to hide from the dominant tortoise in the territory. The noise from two large males fighting is awful. You'll never forget it if you ever hear it.

sounds like King Sheldon is on his own.....oh well

however last week we spotted a 12" red eared snapping turtle in his pond and was there for a few day but has now disappeared strange as we live about 1/2 mile from the closest lake..... it looked very healthy and our neighbors are 5 ac away with no ponds

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
sounds like King Sheldon is on his own.....oh well

however last week we spotted a 12" red eared snapping turtle in his pond and was there for a few day but has now disappeared strange as we live about 1/2 mile from the closest lake..... it looked very healthy and our neighbors are 5 ac away with no ponds
There are red earred sliders but they are not snapping turtles. Or there are snapping turtles. If it's really a snapping turtle I would try to find it and put it back near the closest pond. I wouldnt want to risk your tort losing a leg or tail to it.

Kevn Horton

Tehachapi, ca
There are red earred sliders but they are not snapping turtles. Or there are snapping turtles. If it's really a snapping turtle I would try to find it and put it back near the closest pond. I wouldnt want to risk your tort losing a leg or tail to it.
my Sulcatas tail is bigger the 12" Sheldon is 148 + lbs of bad *** bubba

method89

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Malverne, NY
While @Tom is a complete party pooper, 100% correct. No pairs, only breeding groups and that will require plenty of space.