i went to the lumber yard today :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kvoigt

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
South Dakota
soo i went to the lumber yard today to pick up the base for my hatchling tort table. i just got like half inch plywood and got the whole 4x8 sheet ;) so i have left over or future renovations lmao (his box is 4'x33"). BUT now my issue is i have everything to put this together and my only chance is while my kids are sleeping(now) AND my brother inlaw took his tools back and i was not told till now!!! GRRRR so what i am left to work with is a dremel with a drill bit on. and will just have to drill the holes and hand screw them in:rolleyes: it should be interesting.... but at least i got them to cut the plywood for me b/c i dont have a electric saw or even one to borrow i have a small hand saw that i use for all my cutting. lol any way wish me luck in my adventures tonight!!!!:rolleyes::p:tort:

jojodesca

5 Year Member
Bay Area
good luck!!

it's hard when your ambition to start something is trumped by not having the right tools...

wow im gonna trademark that...lol

Kvoigt

5 Year Member
South Dakota
jojodesca said:
good luck!!

it's hard when your ambition to start something is trumped by not having the right tools...

wow im gonna trademark that...lol

LOL i know i was just set on doing it tonight (tho my tort wont be here for a month or so:rolleyes:! and my hubby said we can borrow the stuff again this weekend(my brother inlaw is a pumber so he has cool stuff) but that was just not good enuf :) i got it done and really it was not that much harder. i was not sure how well the dremel would work it was not mine. but it worked perfect only took 15-20 min drill all the holes and hand screw it together. now it is a perfect tort table. i found a xmas table cloth on sale for a 1$ish and that is what i lined the bottom.:D looks cute and i had to order SOIL from my floral shop b/c all the stuff they had, had vermiculite and other jumble... i live in a small town no place elce had gardening stuff out.....so that should be here early next week. and then i have to wait on the rest for a tax return LOL

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Southwest Washington
When you are set on doing something for your tort (even future), you just have to do it!
Where are the initial pics? :D

Kvoigt

5 Year Member
South Dakota
lynnedit said:
When you are set on doing something for your tort (even future), you just have to do it!
Where are the initial pics? :D

im kinda shy on pics lol my picture phone is not the greatest but i am adding the plastic canopy tomarrow i will try and get some pics then :) i cant wait to get this lil guy. and since he hatched on christmas i thought the christmas table cloth for lining it was perfect :rolleyes: ok off to the drawing board for the humid canopy (wich i just finished one my larger tort table) i dont know how to post the thread but you should be able to find it :)

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Southwest Washington
Don't you love this stuff? I remember the thread with your humid canopy well. It looked very effective. Bet your torts are happy.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Kvoigt said:
... and then i have to wait on the rest for a tax return LOL

:D I know this one well! :D I think a lot of us use our refund checks for tortoise upgrades, supplies, or just getting new tortoises. :D

Sounds like your the kind of person, when you decide to do something, you do it. If you can't do it the way you first plan to, your open to other avenues. I like that!

David.kim

5 Year Member
Ouch wait for the right tools. Your wrist will hurt like hell after all the screws by hand. The best power drill I ever bought was a little black and decker lithium ion drill for $30-$40. Light and portable.

Kvoigt

5 Year Member
South Dakota
David.kim said:
Ouch wait for the right tools. Your wrist will hurt like hell after all the screws by hand. The best power drill I ever bought was a little black and decker lithium ion drill for $30-$40. Light and portable.

LOL well i was lucky enugh to get a ratchet with the screw driver atachments so it really was not that bad. :D

lynnedit said:
Don't you love this stuff? I remember the thread with your humid canopy well. It looked very effective. Bet your torts are happy.

last night was the first night with it i had taken out his 60watt CHE b/c it was getting to hot in the with his 160Watt Power sun during the day. i tested the theory to see how warm it stayed in there at night with out the CHE last night ,AND the lowest temp it hit was 74.6 so not to bad :) but i might put the CHE back in for night only to keep it at about 80* so far so good im pleased and im sure sonne is to lol i went from spraying like 10+ times a day to 2 or 3 mostly as habbit lol:rolleyes: but he likes being misted sometimes he stretches his head and legs out just loving it lol

Status
Not open for further replies.