I want to buy a tortoise

yongyue

Location (City and/or State)
ohio
I want to buy two leopard tortoises, can anyone contact me?I want to buy two leopard tortoises, can anyone contact me?
Or there is a website that sells tortoises. Tell me thank you ...

Karen(pebbles)

Platinum Tortoise Club
Bristol Uk
hi and welcome, tortoise are solitary animals so it's not good to keep them in pairs, somebody will come along soon and explain this to you, good luck

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I think you should read our caresheets first on leopards.
You can have two but they can not live in the same enclosure.
They need lots of indoor and outdoor space.
Then look in the for sale section on this sight.

yongyue

ohio
Thank you for your reply. I have two sulcatas now. I want to buy two more leopard tortoises or red legs. I have 48 24 12 turtle boxes.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Thank you for your reply. I have two sulcatas now. I want to buy two more leopard tortoises or red legs. I have 48 24 12 turtle boxes.
How are you going to house all of those tropical animals in Ohio in winter?

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
You do know they can't be housed together. Not only they can't be housed in pairs, species should not be mixed.
Your boxes are the wrong hatchling enclosures, they need a closed chamber and they are barely big enough for a year maybe two of housing. So what do you have for when they need a bigger space?
Do you have outdoor space for all of them to live seperate? How will you house them in winter?

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
We are not trying to scare you off...just trying to make you aware of your situation

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
I want to buy two leopard tortoises, can anyone contact me?I want to buy two leopard tortoises, can anyone contact me?
Or there is a website that sells tortoises. Tell me thank you ...
Do you have enuf room to keep each tort separated in a big enuf enclosure? You shouldn't keep males and females together because they fight and breed...if you are planning...how will you get rid of them all in an area where there are so many now...
If you put three females in with one male, each female will lay three or for clutches of maybe 20 eggs a year. . . That's 60 or more eggs a year. Do you plan to chop up the eggs in the nest with a shovel? You can buy tortoises from our very experienced breeders just look at the table of contents in the beginning pages here...