I want a blue tongue skink

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrinnANDTorts

5 Year Member
I'm looking for a breeder of blue tongue skinks, I want a baby that is captive born and has been socialized a lot :) I'd love some info on where to get some nice ones , I am too scared to just order ne off of some Internet website. I don't mind website as long as I can talk eith the breeder and see lots of pictures

Katherine

5 Year Member
I have no helpful advice... But I love skinks! We have beautiful skinks that live in our outdoor box turtle hibernaculum. I didn't even realize some people keep them as pets! Fascinating, beautiful creatures.

JeffG

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Arizona
I have been breeding blue-tongues exclusively for a number of years. You are definitely smart to get a CBB animal. Just be aware that many people misrepresent the animals they are selling as CBB when they are actually born to a wild caught female that was gravid when she was collected. Others will just flat out lie. It is generally pretty easy to tell the difference though if you know what you are looking for.

BTS only give birth once a year, and here in the U.S., almost all babies are born between the end of May and the first of August. Unfortunately, that means it will probably be difficult to find one this time of year.

I can give you a couple breeders to check though that might possibly have some 2011 babies left. I don't think we are supposed to post website addresses here, but if you are interested, pm me and I can give you some info. BTS are awesome animals to keep. I think you will be very happy if you end up getting one.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
I can tell you first hand, Jeff knows what he's talking about. I have one of his 2011 babies and it is AWESOME! These lizards are simply one of the best reptile pets there is. Easy to set up, easy to feed, easy to maintain, hardy, super friendly, attractive, interactive, intelligent... ah heck, just pick any good adjective.

I have the "Northern" Australian type. I highly recommend them.

BrinnANDTorts

5 Year Member
Thanks for all the replies everyone I'm gonna get one from Jeff next year hopefully!! I am so excited , got enclosure planned out and everything. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.