I WANNA GROW A SEED MIX OF PLANTS FOR MY OUTDOOR ENCLOSURE

Status
Not open for further replies.

SILVERSTAR

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
sacramento california
Any suggestions on wut company to go thru???? besides beanfarm. im gonna put a kiddie pool on my back patio cuz its all concrete back there(fenced in at least)so that in the daytime i can put them all outside and i wanna hook up the pool with sumsort of tree for shade actually planted in there or jus the pot put in there and i want food/grasses/weeds to grow in there for them.........ANY SUGGESTIONS ON A TREE TYPE that will half shade it? Alos i dont even really know wut substrate to lay down in there im guessing a potting soil so that stuff will grow there.

October

5 Year Member
San Tan Valley, Arizona
I used sulcataseed.com. Good prices, fast shipping, they sprout up quickly, etc.
I think if you want something to shade the kiddie pool, you need to look at shrubs. The shadow of a tree will most likely fall out of the pool more often than not. Grape vines, roses, hibiscus. I commonly find my Morla nestled under my pomegranate or snail vines - sometimes even under my tomato plants, which she doesn't eat, thnkfully. Roses would work, though may be too fussy for a kiddie pool. Basically, shrubs function as a hide and shade, where as a tree - not so much.
As far as buying potting soil, you should probably look at organic stuff. Potting soil, even "garden soil" has a tendency to have fertilizer and pesticides in it.

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
I like using fig trees, grape vines and hibiscus for shade.

SILVERSTAR

5 Year Member
sacramento california
i was actually doing my homework and kinda sided with carolina pet supply before u even brought it up SQAUMATA but thanks guys,

M

Maggie Cummings

Carolina Pet Supply. They are on the expensive side but Joe stands behind anything he sells. I bought several pounds of Sulcata grazing seed and they just grew like crazy...I trust Joe and would buy anything from him. I think he is better than all the others.

And Tortoisestuff says sometimes she takes a long time because she is out in the desert collecting seeds and that's a load of crap. I ordered seeds from her and weeks after they didn't come I went thru phone calls and emails and she finally told me her hip was out so she couldn't carry my heavy seeds to the post office. And no one person could go out into the desert and collect all the seeds that are sold to us tortoise people. It's impossible. One person couldn't collect enough seeds to sell to one person. I always use carolina pet supply and Joe's always been trustworthy. Seeds to heavy to carry...ha

SILVERSTAR

5 Year Member
sacramento california
lol thats funny magg like i said i didnt get great service either and i wont be ordering again from em thats for sure and i do plan on ordering from carolina ,i wanna check out the TNT TOTAL TORTOISE NUTRITION,it sounds like wut ive been lookn for.

Status
Not open for further replies.