I think my turtle is sick Help please

Greeenboy

Location (City and/or State)
Texas
Hello I have a baby sulcata tortoise, He’s about 2 months old now. Lately he’s been acting very lethargic, barley eating, sleeping a ton. Also his shell has went from like a light green to a darker green. About a week ago or so he had bubbles coming out of his nose but they were clear. As of now there hasn’t been any bubbles lately. I think there something really wrong with him but I don’t know what. Hopefully you guys can help, please let me know if there are any questions I need to answer.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Greetings....

Sounds like your temperatures (and more) have not been maintained. Heat, lighting, food, humidity, are all important.

Check out the info here:

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
Hello I have a baby sulcata tortoise, He’s about 2 months old now. Lately he’s been acting very lethargic, barley eating, sleeping a ton. Also his shell has went from like a light green to a darker green. About a week ago or so he had bubbles coming out of his nose but they were clear. As of now there hasn’t been any bubbles lately. I think there something really wrong with him but I don’t know what. Hopefully you guys can help, please let me know if there are any questions I need to answer.
Sulcatas don't have green shells. Are you sure you have a Sulcata? Can you post a picture? Definitely sounds like a respiratory infection

Greeenboy

Texas
Sulcatas don't have green shells. Are you sure you have a Sulcata? Can you post a picture? Definitely sounds like a respiratory infection
thanks for replying
Sorry about that didn’t mean to say green meant to say like a light brown. I did read more about respiratory infection, it’s says that he would have yellowish bubbles his were clear colored. And the bubbles haven’t happened in a week or so.

Attachments

• 919B6249-043E-483A-BDAF-0F791DC5DBD5.jpeg
    919B6249-043E-483A-BDAF-0F791DC5DBD5.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 13

Greeenboy

Texas
Greetings....

Sounds like your temperatures (and more) have not been maintained. Heat, lighting, food, humidity, are all important.

Check out the info here:
Hey thank you for the guide I really wish I found this before I got him... I read it all and I haven’t been keeping the right humidity at all, I’m going to do some things to help with the humidity to bring it up to 80. Do you think it could be anything else besides not keeping the right humidity? I’ve been feeding him all the right stuff and his heat is good. Here’s a picture of him too

Attachments

• ECB0C87E-6C97-4465-8C14-31C8354A7511.jpeg
    ECB0C87E-6C97-4465-8C14-31C8354A7511.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 2