I think I may be obsessed with my sulcata.

Reserchbeforecommitment

10 Year Member!
For the most part I try to provide a happy stress free life for my tortoise and do my very best not to constantly fuss with her or interrupt her chosen daily routine. However I find myself constantly inventing reasons to go to her pen and end up standing around grinning foolishly at my tortoise grazing in the sunshine, I even made her a "drying pan" to delay her return to her outside pen and extend her time in my company. It is a deep litter tray atop a seedling heating pad. The coco choir is dryer than that in her closed chamber. I place a large handful of grass and weeds in front of her after her soak and she munches away for ten mins or so warms up and then goes to bed. It's not enough to dry her out, it's purely just to spend more time with her! She is a delight : )

Carol S

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Alta Loma, CA
Your tortoise looks very happy munching on her greens. It looks like she is smiling. I also constantly check and fuss over my tortoises. When I am at work I call home to have my husband check on the hatchlings to make sure they are all okay and none have flipped over. I am truly obsessed with my tortoises. When riding in the car I see a big rock and think "that rock would look good in the tortoise enclosure" or I see a plant that is good for the tortoises to eat and think "my tortoises would like some of that". :)

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
OH, USA
Your tortoise looks very happy munching on her greens. It looks like she is smiling. I also constantly check and fuss over my tortoises. When I am at work I call home to have my husband check on the hatchlings to make sure they are all okay and none have flipped over. I am truly obsessed with my tortoises. When riding in the car I see a big rock and think "that rock would look good in the tortoise enclosure" or I see a plant that is good for the tortoises to eat and think "my tortoises would like some of that". :)
Ohno, I do that too... just yesterday I saw this super nice peice of driftwood and thought,'I bet the turtles would to bask on that.' when I wasn't even thinking about them! Or maybe I was? Subconsciously? :cool::p
Don't worry, it's a common 'issue'. They are so addictive!:D:D
She looks great, BTW, great job.