I think I fixed it. Check out my handiwork.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Weda737

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
NC
Okay so I changed the hide box, it just wasn't working, she did not approve. She does not have mites. I got her out and went over her with a damp white towel. Didn't see a thing. I bought some fake palm leaves and made her a nice little hide with those. When she first arrived I noticed little pieces of old shed stuck to her, and with her shiny rainbows you can tell she had shed recently. I'm guessing that's why she's in love with the water. I just hope her soaking so much doesn't cause blister disease or something, I keep it clean. Funny story actually, my dog farted and then the sound echoed... from her cage. She went doody. It wasn't much more than some urates but it looked normal. So anyway, I made her a hiding place with the palm leaves, I bent them at the base and bought some suction cups to attach it to the glass. It's pretty sturdy, she climbed all over it and stayed. So I took a bunch of fake plants and stuck those in the corner, then lined it with moss. She really seems to like it. She's still there after I took her out of her bowl to clean it.
005-2.jpg

004-1.jpg

Chris holding her while I changed the water and added some more mulch, I know they like to burrow and I'm paranoid about her getting burned.
003-1.jpg

002-2.jpg

She can fit all the way underneath it, just so you guys know, it's snug, but just right.

Also, her breathing is sounding a little better already. I'm watching for bubbles or mucus and so far she's okay, I keep the ambient temp 80F

Weda737

5 Year Member
NC
Ha, my dog blames me, she's the gassiest dog I have ever had. Ever. I was on the phone one time and told the person I was talking to that I was squatting down on the floor to put medicine on one of my little dogs hot spots... Hana (the gassy one) walked up behind me and let one fly. The person on the phone heard it and knowing my position automatically blamed me!! Back on topic though, I think she's comfortable now, her actual hide box just took up too much room and she only spent one night in it. Maybe with the leaves and moss her instincts will kick in and she'll enjoy hiding in a more natural environment.

Weda737

5 Year Member
NC
YAY! She came out, wandered around a bit, made a stinky for me to clean up, and best of all WENT BACK TO HER HIDE! Not the water bowl!

Weda737

5 Year Member
NC
Thanks. She has a blanket draped over the front to help her feel more secure too. I'm hoping it won't be too long before she's ready to eat.

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
Weda737 said:
Thanks. She has a blanket draped over the front to help her feel more secure too. I'm hoping it won't be too long before she's ready to eat.
[/quote

Hopefully soon.

Weda737

5 Year Member
NC
Aaaaand she's back in the water bowl. Apparently she got in it late this evening while I was at work.

Weda737

5 Year Member
NC
She went all day without getting in the water! well, she had one loop in it when I got home, but most of her was out. And if you're wondering, I've been scooting her out of the water before I go to bed, ONLY because she may have an RI. Which sounds much better by the way. I just don't want her getting chilly, but I don't let it get below 70, usually it's 75 to 80 but drops to 70 at night.

Here she is now, sleeping.... So cute. It just made me laugh...
010-3.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.