I suppose one should be careful in our kitchen...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terry Allan Hall

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
The Republic O' Tejas
My wife's mom and sister came by last night, as sharing family gossip is S-I-L's stock-in-trade and she takes her duties VERY seriously...my wife and M-I-L were folding clothes, while listening to Linda dishing the usual ton of dirt, and Linda decided that she was hungry and raided the kitchen...bringing back a bag of tortilla chip and a bowl of guacamole...

She then exclaimed how great the guacamole was and where could she get some just like it...my wife looks up and say "I didn't know we had any guacamole" then her eyes got real big...my M-I-L, have been over many times, started smiling to herself...she recognized the dip and was amused.

My daughter's BF's rugrat sons, incidentally, were hanging out with us (while the young couple went to a movie), and being the helpful kids they are, shouted with great amusement (and at the top of their little lungs) that "that's Tortoise Guacamole, Linda! It was written on the container!"

Linda says, "I've never heard of that brand...where can I get some?"

Tyler says, "Terry made it a little while ago...and we got to help...maybe he'll make you some, too!"

6f520152-1138-4cb5-a282-bfb3d60c0aa0

Apparently, pulverized spineless cactus pad, Marion Red Tortoise Sticks, dried prickly lettuce and limestone flour makes for a tasty dip...who, other than my tortoises, knew? :p

Terry Allan Hall

5 Year Member
The Republic O' Tejas
wellington said:
LMAO, I bet she won't raid your frig again.:D

LOL...as a matter of fact, the rugrats and I have a bet going on this very matter...my $$'s on "old dogs won't learn new tricks". :D

BTW, my wife, braver than I am, took a little test-taste and now assures me that the afore-mentioned "glop" tastes nothing like guacamole...I, otoh, wasn't all that curious, not being a guacamole fan, in the first place...but am now wondering what exactly Linda'd previously eaten! :rolleyes:

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Glad I don't eat anything that qualifies as green goo. :D

n3rdchik

5 Year Member
Michigan
That is hysterical!!!! I confess to love me some nopales tacos, and the idea of sharing with *someone in my house* even of the shelled variety is very exciting!

kanalomele

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
East Bay area
Bwahahaha! Hilarious! Thanks for sharing.

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
Very funny. Good thing everyone knows better then to eat anything from my house, since half the family ate monkey chow with meal worms one night, that was for a little rescue squirrel monkey I was fostering.

Terry Allan Hall

5 Year Member
The Republic O' Tejas
terryo said:
Very funny. Good thing everyone knows better then to eat anything from my house, since half the family ate monkey chow with meal worms one night, that was for a little rescue squirrel monkey I was fostering.

Now I know I MUST swap recipes w/ ya! :p

Chinque

5 Year Member
Florida
Rotfl! That was so funny! Good idea for a prank on Super Bowl Sunday!

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
How can anyone eat that green goo and think it was guacamole? Was her taste buds dead? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.