I ran a quick insta Aldabra account to gauge interest in the tortoises

TortyDxb

Location (City and/or State)
uae
I come from a net background and so had a quick insta account set up to try to understand what I had in terms of these AMAZING Aldabra torts. They came to me in an odd kind of way, and, for a while I didn't even know they were Aldabras.

Honestly, if you are thinking about going for it and have the resources for an Aldabra, they are a really fantastic experience (despite stinkin' poo).

Anyway :)........ my guys have now handed over the insta account to a really nice person who has a farm in the region and loves torts, he breeds them and is an extreme hobbiest. He's a total tortoise addict and very, very sincere. If you have any questions on demand etc feel free to pm me. I wanted to get a quick feel of the market in the region (I run a few businesses) and I did.

tortoiseplanet

Earth
I come from a net background and so had a quick insta account set up to try to understand what I had in terms of these AMAZING Aldabra torts. They came to me in an odd kind of way, and, for a while I didn't even know they were Aldabras.

Honestly, if you are thinking about going for it and have the resources for an Aldabra, they are a really fantastic experience (despite stinkin' poo).

Anyway :)........ my guys have now handed over the insta account to a really nice person who has a farm in the region and loves torts, he breeds them and is an extreme hobbiest. He's a total tortoise addict and very, very sincere. If you have any questions on demand etc feel free to pm me. I wanted to get a quick feel of the market in the region (I run a few businesses) and I did.

What’s the Instagram username?

ben awes

5 Year Member
i am not really sure what you are talking about? what do you mean you "ran a quick instagram Aldabra account to gauge interest...". What did you find out?

Thanks,
Ben

TortyDxb

uae
I made up an instagram account dedicated to Aldabra tortoises in the middle east. Posed as a possible seller of Aldabs. Built it out fast to 10,000 + followers nice and spammy - pissed off the Indonesian massive no end and gathered as many legit followers as poss. Mentioned the account in various threads re pets and exotics in local facebook groups etc, sat back and watched the enquiries and interest roll in.

Bee62

Germany
I am interested in Aldabra tortoises too and want to have one or two, but in Germany it is not easy to get these tortoises.
Post a link to your Insta Account when you have one.