I need some help regarding a few different things

Colinpv

Location (City and/or State)
peeples valley, Arizona
Sadly, that wouldn’t be good for any tortoise.
First, give those links a read, and they should answer most of your questions about your enclosure. Then, come back with questions.
definitely am right now,
Sadly, that wouldn’t be good for any tortoise.
First, give those links a read, and they should answer most of your questions about your enclosure. Then, come back with questions.
so i read through them... and for the most part, diet and the enclosure itself is not suitable, and also the type of lighting im using.... i try to keep it humid but that makes complete sense it wont, being a open lid... i made the mistake of trusting the petco guy saying "its humid enough in peeples valley." its always the proper temp at least and the bedding is right. thanks for the help.... those links told me everything the internet wouldnt lol.. i dont even know where to begin now. i cant afford most of the recommended stuff, and selling all this equipment is near impossible where i live.. and that would leave lazarus with NOTHING :/ i would try a outdoor enclosure but its usually 50 or under. i dont know where to begin....any suggestions or advice?

TechnoCheese

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lewisville, Texas
You could possibly rehome him to someone here, who could care for it and make sure it gets the help it needs. I’m not sure about the turtles.

Colinpv

peeples valley, Arizona
You could possibly rehome him to someone here, who could care for it and make sure it gets the help it needs. I’m not sure about the turtles.
i feel like thats my only option right now... although it would break my heart, its better for him. im going to see what ideas i can come up with and see if any of those are possible... if not im going to have to find him a home i guess.... may sound stupid, but are most people on here trustworthy when it comes to making sure he is properly cared for, and that hes going to a good home? He has so much personality and, whether people want to belive it or not, he LOVES me. always comes and hangs out with me when i prep food for him and stuff, and always watches me... spends tons of time with my girlfriend to.hes a sweetheart.and he loves the chin rubs. pops out of his shell when i walk into his room haha

TechnoCheese

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lewisville, Texas
i feel like thats my only option right now... although it would break my heart, its better for him. im going to see what ideas i can come up with and see if any of those are possible... if not im going to have to find him a home i guess.... may sound stupid, but are most people on here trustworthy when it comes to making sure he is properly cared for, and that hes going to a good home? He has so much personality and, whether people want to belive it or not, he LOVES me. always comes and hangs out with me when i prep food for him and stuff, and always watches me... spends tons of time with my girlfriend to.hes a sweetheart.and he loves the chin rubs. pops out of his shell when i walk into his room haha

You sound like a very caring owner. I think that you’ll do whatever you think is best. Most people on here are very trustworthy, but don’t trust any very new members, or people who haven’t shared any pictures of there enclosures or such.

Colinpv

peeples valley, Arizona
You sound like a very caring owner. I think that you’ll do whatever you think is best. Most people on here are very trustworthy, but don’t trust any very new members, or people who haven’t shared any pictures of there enclosures or such.
all i want is the best for everyone, including EVERY animal....ill definitely do whats best, now that i know, i wont let him suffer and be forced into inadequate care. it just really hurts because i love him,and thought i was giving him a awesome life compared to where he came from.... ugh. thank you for your help, im sure youll see alot more of me the next few days and what not. have a good night!

Big Charlie

5 Year Member
California
update: i found a rescue who is going to take all three for me tomorrow
I'm sorry you have to give them up. Are you sure you don't want to keep at least one? I know nothing about box turtles but I thought they would be fun to raise. I understand that a sulcata in your climate would be challenging.

Colinpv

peeples valley, Arizona
I'm sorry you have to give them up. Are you sure you don't want to keep at least one? I know nothing about box turtles but I thought they would be fun to raise. I understand that a sulcata in your climate would be challenging.
thank you... i am absolutely heart broken right now. but it would be selfish of me to keep them, knowing they can get EVERYTHING they need starting tomorrow... i would love to keep them all, but its so cold and im barely starting my career, so i cant afford the adequate heating, food, etc that they would need. the rescue i gound is a north pheonix rescue associated with the tortoise society, and this guy is so awesome. he already has seen them, identified them, and is setting up their new homes right now on his giant property. my babies will get everything they need. i was hoping to keep my box turtles, but knowing that one is injured, and the other can have a way better life than i can provide right now, this is by far the best thing i can do for them.... a part of me wants to keep them, but i feel like that would just be selfish. im hoping down the road i can become a member of the tortoise society, or something similar, so i can help provide the proper lives these beautiful creatures deserve. this is far from over i guess you can say... ill be regularly checking on them also, to make sure they are ok.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Sounds like you have a game plan.Dont know if this was mentioned. To give you my experience with my sully and black mouth. After worrying about things like mouth rot. I was told Opo was a poop eater. Opo was lol.

Colinpv

peeples valley, Arizona
Sounds like you have a game plan.Dont know if this was mentioned. To give you my experience with my sully and black mouth. After worrying about things like mouth rot. I was told Opo was a poop eater. Opo was lol.
yup i ended up giving him to a tortoise/reptile sanctuary in scottsdale, Az in saturday, because no matter what i was unable to provide a adequate home for him :/ but that was indeed what it was haha i had no idea they did that :p

Colinpv

peeples valley, Arizona
What a darling little Sonoran Desert Tort. I am In Prescott an have a hatchling myself
i love this little guy so much <3 he's in a great home now, im going to go see him this month :)
if you ever need any help let me know, prescott is only about an hour away! and good luck with your little buddy!