Sulcata Babies :3

Location (City and/or State)
Georgia
I'm new to this.. i have a lot of questions about our torts health. My family has 3 sulcata torts, around 2 years old. As they've gotten older, one of them has just stopped getting bigger. Myrtle and Rafael are huge, while Tucker is half their size. I recently found out that torts need lots of different care and enclosure temps. We have a 6ft by 3ft glass tank, filled with two inches of dirt. I feed them grass, weeds, mazuri, clovers, etc. They have a basking light, and 2 different hides. every day, if over 40 degrees outside, we let them out for about 30 mins. COULD ANY OF THESE BE CAUSING HIS TINY-NESS :'(

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Definitely!

They're being kept in a container that is way too small, but your little Tucker is being bullied by the two bigger ones and that's why he's stopped growing. They need to each have their own enclosure. I'm not aware of Georgia's winter weather, but if at all possible, make them a large outdoor enclosure, with three separate indoor enclosures for when the weather's too cold for them to be outside.

If you set Tucker up in his own large space, I think you'll see an immediate change in his growth (once he realizes he's the king of his domain).

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
Can we see some pictures, and get more details of the temperatures and humidity they have been getting?

daniellenc

Maryland
You need three enclosures that are 10x4 when indoors and may need to keep tucker separate outdoors as well. Tortoises do not do well in groups especially indoors with limited space. Search housing groups to learn more.