i need help with my stressed out tortoise

juice_juicee

Location (City and/or State)
atlanta
hello i just got my brand new russian tortoise and i need help. i think that my tortoise is stressed out because they wont eat and they wont move. and i dont know whats stressing them out. it might be because of the horrible ride back home but i dont know what to do. pls help!!!

method89

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Malverne, NY
Tortoises stress when relocated. If you just got him you need to give him time to settle down. Keep feeding him. Keep soaking him. He will "come out of his shell" soon enough.

Fish Breath

NY
Try offering a piece of apple or some fruit. Then leave them to soak in a container with lukewarm dechlorinated water.

juice_juicee

atlanta
Tortoises stress when relocated. If you just got him you need to give him time to settle down. Keep feeding him. Keep soaking him. He will "come out of his shell" soon enough.
tysm this really did put me a ease

Golden Greek Tortoise 567

Colorado Springs,CO
Welcome! Read this care sheet, as members before me have said, he’s probably just settling in.

juice_juicee

atlanta
Welcome! Read this care sheet, as members before me have said, he’s probably just settling in.
thanks!! this will help alot

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
tysm this really did put me a ease
Russians should not have fruit. Tortoises often suffer a setback when moved to a new territory. Read the care sheet and make any necessary adjustments to your set up, then just let him get used to his new territory. I generally put them in front of the food then quickly step out of sight.