I need help, my tortoise is sick.

Haifaalmofareh

Location (City and/or State)
Ksa
Hello I have a Greek tortoise,
And about two weeks ago bubbles started coming out of her nose and mouth.
But it’s currently getting worse, I can hear her let out a lilttle cry ( every little while )
which is unusual for a tortoise, I tried posting a video of her but it wouldn’t load so if you can help me contact me so I can send you the video.

I am worried, please let me know how I can help her and thank you.

Ps, the city I live in doesn’t have very good vets, so I can’t really take her there it isn’t safe.

SweetGreekTorts

Tucson, AZ
Sorry to hear your tortoise is ill. I highly recommend a visit to a Vet. Bubbles from the nose is often a symptom of a respiratory infection which will get worse if not treated by antibiotics - which you need to get from a Vet.

In the meantime, raise the overall temps in the enclosure a little help to keep her warm.

Haifaalmofareh

Ksa
Sorry to hear your tortoise is ill. I highly recommend a visit to a Vet. Bubbles from the nose is often a symptom of a respiratory infection which will get worse if not treated by antibiotics - which you need to get from a Vet.

In the meantime, raise the overall temps in the enclosure a little help to keep her warm.
Thank you so much for your advice, I appreciate it. and I’ll do my best.

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
If you cannot post pictures, can you tell us more about her conditions like what is the temperature in her enclosure? She may be too cold, and sometimes if this is the problem then all she may need is to have a warmer enclosure. What is her diet and how old is she?