i need guidance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brittany6

5 Year Member
Do you know about the temps.. Shady area should be around 80 but never lover then 75... Basking (right under the UVB) should be 90-100. Warm side should be 85-90... Yes must have we can all agree on is UVB bulb... Calcium with vitamin D.... Humid hide (so under that log put down some coco choi or peat moss that you can get at most per stores) and drench it in water and must many times a day. Even if you do the dry method of raising your baby (although myself do not suggest it) a humid hide will be important to help to prevent dehydration. Dehydration happens so easy with babies do I go BrinnGuptas route. When they get older you don't need to worry about all that humidity as much. You can get mustard greens, dandelion greens, spring mix, romaine all at price chopper or another grocery store. Iceberg lettus isn't good. Just switch it up when one runs out along with your grass and weeds ;-) and a occasional treat of pumpkin or fruit won't hurt anything. Muzuri can be bought online but I don't think it's needed. You can also purchase grass seed and grow it yourself :) in the table or in little separate pots and change them out. Subtrate that is good are... Coco choir, peat moss, plain soil ;-) I do again think humidity is key... You could buy a humidifier and piping to have it blow on your table and or Mist it all many many times a day. If there is a way you can over most of the top that would keep in a lot more moister... Or even buy a big old cheap Christmas tree plastic Tupperware or storage bin and use that until there bigger and humidity isn't such a issue, then put them in the tort table. Or use the tort table for outside and the storage bin for indoors. As for the pic. That baby looks like he does have pyramiding and has damage on the top of the shell... To be safe, I would much rather buy from someone on this form. I know there are quite a few breeders. :) congrats!

Hope you could make out what I was trying to say... Darn auto correct on my phone...

Status
Not open for further replies.