I need an affordable closed Sulcata tank, is this a good one?

Madkathq

Location (City and/or State)
Lake Elsinore
It's not good because for the price, only the tiniest Sulcata can live in it and it would only be for a few months (At most)

Okay. Right now I have a hatchling in a 10x22 open tank because I was pretty much told that the baby was my responsibility out of nowhere. I'm kind of freaking out because I don't have much money to spend on a nice new enclosure, and i want the baby to get the best care possible. I know my humidity isn't what it needs to be with an open top.... Can anyone drop links to better indoor enclosure under 200$?

Madkathq

Lake Elsinore
Oh my gosh I put the wrong link in the first time, I meant to attach the link for the bigger one but it's out of stock :/

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Get a large plastic "TOTE" from any hardware store like Home Depot and make it into an enclosure.
This will be very inexpensive and can last for a long time.
Get the long, wide type. Because you won't need a really tall one. The ones they sell for Christmas tree storage work great.

Pistachio's Pamperer

Tri-cities, Tennessee
Yes. Check this out. A lot of us use totes for babies and to start out with. Here's an example.

Totes allow you to control temps and moisture very well. Inexpensive. Easy to clean. Can be modified and added on to.

-Meg

Madkathq

Lake Elsinore
Yes. Check this out. A lot of us use totes for babies and to start out with. Here's an example.

Totes allow you to control temps and moisture very well. Inexpensive. Easy to clean. Can be modified and added on to.

-Meg
Thank you, I'm gonna check that out now and I'll be back with any questions

Pistachio's Pamperer

Tri-cities, Tennessee

other ideas. Good chambers that keep in moisture and heat for babies are for the most part going to be made with plastic products. Even wooden ones will be lined with pond liners or something similar.

This is what I am trying to keep you away from when you are saying you need to be frugal with your money. This type of enclosure is what a lot of folks prefer and a couple of people here on site even make something similar and sell it.

Lights/heaters are where the focus of your money needs to go.

-Meg

Beasty_Artemis

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Oregon Coast
You can score a wooden book shelf, then coat it in waterproof paint. Add some legs and there is a quick tortoise table. That's how I've made mine over the years.

Chubbs the tegu

Ma
What size enclosure do you have space for? You can convert a grow tent into an enclosure.. wrks great and holds in heat and humidity very well and pretty cheap. Heres one ive done

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California

Sue Ann

chapin , South Carolina
Okay. Right now I have a hatchling in a 10x22 open tank because I was pretty much told that the baby was my responsibility out of nowhere. I'm kind of freaking out because I don't have much money to spend on a nice new enclosure, and i want the baby to get the best care possible. I know my humidity isn't what it needs to be with an open top.... Can anyone drop links to better indoor enclosure under 200$?
Get a large Rubbermaid type tote from Walmart