I need a little help

little hinge

Location (City and/or State)
lagos
I just got a hinge back tortoise out of the blue and I really like him, I keep him in a small bin filled with mulch, I dont know where to find a hide for him so I took him to the back of my house and let him roam there, its pretty confined so he cant get out and he usually burrows in two spaces,I wanna ask if I should stop letting him roam and if so what are the best hide alternatives I can make him

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
I just got a hinge back tortoise out of the blue and I really like him, I keep him in a small bin filled with mulch, I dont know where to find a hide for him so I took him to the back of my house and let him roam there, its pretty confined so he cant get out and he usually burrows in two spaces,I wanna ask if I should stop letting him roam and if so what are the best hide alternatives I can make him

so to answer your questions first....

Yes- please don’t let him roam

get a Tupperware container to Flip upside down and cut a hole in the side for a door..

now that being said, do you have any experience on keeping a tortoise? If not, you can find plenty of up-to-date helpful info here on the forum if you’d like. Just ask and we will be glad to provide..

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Actually if its an adult and the back of your yard is secure where it cant get out then yes keep him there and bring him in at night until you can buy or make a secure hide to lock him into at night Much better then a tiny bin inside.
If it's a hatchling then an inside enclosure is best with daily visits outside.

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Actually if its an adult and the back of your yard is secure where it cant get out then yes keep him there and bring him in at night until you can buy or make a secure hide to lock him into at night Much better then a tiny bin inside.

I shouldn’t have offered any answers until I asked more questions.... Sorry!!!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I shouldn’t have offered any answers until I asked more questions.... Sorry!!!
Dont be sorry. I seen his other threads. I may be wrong but I believe it's an adult. May be wild caught too. He doesn't answer any questions so far.

little hinge

lagos
he mostl stays outside cause my mom wont let him in at night or at all

little hinge

lagos
so to answer your questions first....

Yes- please don’t let him roam

get a Tupperware container to Flip upside down and cut a hole in the side for a door..

now that being said, do you have any experience on keeping a tortoise? If not, you can find plenty of up-to-date helpful info here on the forum if you’d like. Just ask and we will be glad to provide..
yes this is my first time and ill prbably post some pictures