I Love This Forum!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pliken

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Mesa & Payson, Arizona
I can't tell you-all how helpful this forum has been to me! Even old postings from two or three years ago have offered great information. I knew almost nothing about tortoises three months ago, but as an early retiree I have been devoting considerable time to soaking up all the knowledge - facts, opinions, anecdotes, experiments, recommendations and referrals alike. I am just getting to the point of going beyond searches to ask my own questions, but I wanted to take this moment to thank all the members and moderators for making this website so useful, interesting and fun!

Paula Liken, Mesa, Arizona

New owner/parent/friend of Lightning (a two?-year-old Sulcata)

Other family members: newly retired Harley ridin' husband, newly employed and newly married daughter, two indoor/outdoor rescue cats and a Jack Russell terrorist (all pets courtesy of said daughter - my fault for encouraging her with gerbils, mouse, hamster, fish, brine shrimp, newts, various dogs and, oh yeah, the Rana frog she stole from my sister's pond and smuggled through airport security).

Other activities: museum + education research, painting, beading, non-productive reading, gardening and fixing up an investment house in Payson, AZ (where our daughter lives with her new husband and four dogs, two recently injured by javelinas but recovering)

I may be broke but I'm never bored!

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
welcome
you may be broke, but I doubt you would trade it for anything :)

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
That is very nice of you to say and thank you for sharing your feelings with us. I agree with you, it is a wonderful place thanks to all our wonderful members who share their experiences and lives with us, both goods and bads. I think we all sometimes fail to stop and let each other know just how valuable their participation in here is to all of us. So to each and every member in here, I want to give my thanks for your part in making this such a wonderful forum and family.

I must say, it sounds like you have a very interesting life. :D

pliken

5 Year Member
Mesa & Payson, Arizona
dmmj said:
welcome
you may be broke, but I doubt you would trade it for anything :)

:D You're right!

Jacqui said:
That is very nice of you to say and thank you for sharing your feelings with us. I agree with you, it is a wonderful place thanks to all our wonderful members who share their experiences and lives with us, both goods and bads. I think we all sometimes fail to stop and let each other know just how valuable their participation in here is to all of us. So to each and every member in here, I want to give my thanks for your part in making this such a wonderful forum and family.

I must say, it sounds like you have a very interesting life. :D

Oh-oh, what's that Chinese curse - may you live in interesting times? It's all good

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
Paula, I couldn't have said it better myself.

I don't have tortoise yet and not sure if I ever will , but I have learned so much and really enjoy dreaming about owning one.

Status
Not open for further replies.