I love my tortoise

Status
Not open for further replies.

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
Great story ..... and hats off to the DOC! ....
Nice to see someone as "Needy" to their torts as Iam! :p
Just a reminder and a scary thought when I saw your smashed clamp light.... I know too many stories of enclosures and *homes* (ouch)
catching fire... because of a fallen light that catches substrate on fire, or fallen on the animal and caused severe burns. Throw some screws w/ washers on the light and mount to wall or ceiling.
Once again thanks for the cool .."tort tell"
JD~:)
Keep um coming! ! ! !​

M

Maggie Cummings

N2TORTS said:
Great story ..... and hats off to the DOC! ....
Nice to see someone as "Needy" to their torts as Iam! :p
Just a reminder and a scary thought when I saw your smashed clamp light.... I know too many stories of enclosures and *homes* (ouch)
catching fire... because of a fallen light that catches substrate on fire, or fallen on the animal and caused severe burns. Throw some screws w/ washers on the light and mount to wall or ceiling.
Once again thanks for the cool .."tort tell"
JD~:)
Keep um coming! ! ! !​

Bob's UVB light is hanging on a chain from the ceiling. The light you see destroyed is Queenies. I cleaned the shed and moved the light strip and didn't realize I left a wire in the reach of Bob the destroyer, so he reached up and started this whole thing. Not normally something that will happen...

dragnikla said:
I am planning on getting a sulcata in June. I am still setting up the indoor table, and interviewing vets, its all very exciting. I love these Bob chronicles. I was wondering if anyone knew how invisible fences worked technically speaking. Or even the doggy doors that you need a special collar to be able to go in and out. Still a thought in its early stages, but i thought if you attach the collar (somehow) and had the doggy door lead to his outdoor enclosure, couldn't he go out without destroying the property?As far as the fences, i didn't know if it was a sound or pain that stopped dogs from crossing, but i'm sure something could be thought of. I wouldn't want to do a moat, he would probably jump in and then realize he couldn't swim. For now it looks like all i can use are hard wood, brick metal type enclosures, that makes me think he will definitely try to ram his way through. quicksand that might do it. I don't know I feel like i'm trying to build alcatraz instead of a lovely outdoor grazing pen. Is bob just special in his destructive behavior, or should we all expect this at some point in time? I was also wondering if he ever tried to chew on wire (like hardware cloth mesh wire). Great photos

Bob is a different type of tort. Most Sulcata aren't as outgoing as Bob is. They aren't normally aware of their world as he, and most are set up better than he...

2Paisan

5 Year Member
Hee Hee Hee, this makes our Russian's antics in her inside table seem small. We crack up when she moves everything around after we set up but this was hilarious with the crunched light. Sorry Maggie to laugh at this but it was just so funny....just like a naughty kid really.

Nancy

M

Maggie Cummings

I have said this before that I post the mean stuff Bob does so that we get a giggle instead of always reading about some newbie with a tort that's dying or another newbie asking questions we have answered a thousand times, and because somebody says they pee themselves when I call Bob a jerk. I love that just really do!

harris said:
That would be "King Robert III Fan". And I'm drop dead serious when I say that boy needs his own time slot on prime time tv. It could go up against any show. I pee myself everytime you call him a jerk.

That makes me laugh so much, you just don't know...:p

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Colorado
Poor lamp shade...at least you now know what to give him when he tires of beating up his bucket and ball! :rolleyes:

Tropical Torts

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Northwest FL
I love what Bob did to the light fixture! I wonder why he did it. But what would you do without your dear old Bob!!!;)

Status
Not open for further replies.